Ruin My Truck

I thought it was alright. What kind of heat and a/c system was that they put in it? Don't they realize that train set's gonna get messed up as your going down the road. I liked the color though.

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

I don't think the hood is long enough to a B-75. Brad

:mack1: In the early pics of that truck it had the regular B61 hood and radiator, it was probably changed some time in its life to the wider radiator. The B615 model had the bigger radiator,but the same length hood and no fender extensions. Terry

That truck is a B-61 with the big radiator, this was available on most if not all of the diesel B-Models, I have seen a B-67 with the big radiator from the factory. If you watch the show again you will notice the rear facing hood scoop this idea was borrowed from the early maxidyne series R-Models etc. as the air intake for the tip turbine engines, and if you look close during the shots of installing the new A/C system you will see a tip turbine engine upgrade, making need for the bigger radiator to cool this setup in a work truck. Block

I think the a/c unit was one of the aftermarket car units (Vintage Air?).

Overall the truck looks tasteful on the outside, the blue interior of the sleeper has gotta GO! The train is a waste, but they say it's a local truck so they don't need the sleeper anymore.

The hoodscoop was a FORD superduty unit(from back in the 70's). I've got one on my '69 F100. Kinda unique to use it, and wonder if it's for the tip turbine? Never did know what motor was in it? It's not a 673 for sure.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I think the a/c unit was one of the aftermarket car units (Vintage Air?).

Overall the truck looks tasteful on the outside, the blue interior of the sleeper has gotta GO! The train is a waste, but they say it's a local truck so they don't need the sleeper anymore.

The hoodscoop was a FORD superduty unit(from back in the 70's). I've got one on my '69 F100. Kinda unique to use it, and wonder if it's for the tip turbine? Never did know what motor was in it? It's not a 673 for sure.

OOPS! I had started another thread on this , sorry did see this one. I think the truck came out alright..... except for some of the mods. The train set is a complete waste , and the color baby blue in the sleeper was weird. Still looked cool when done. Different strokes for different folks.

OOPS! I had started another thread on this , sorry did see this one. I think the truck came out alright..... except for some of the mods. The train set is a complete waste , and the color baby blue in the sleeper was weird. Still looked cool when done. Different strokes for different folks.

Train set was a waste, it won't last long in a big truck. But the rest looked functional. Baby blue sleeper was done to make it look like sky for the train set.