Anyone ever run Route 81 through pa?

tkobes43

Been by there a thousand times, probably go by Sunday or Monday on my way out, never pay much attention except southern Maine and Connecticut, they like to do class 1 inspections and aren't going through all that without writing up something, If they're open, you got to stop in and say high, so you might as well be legal. if they don't get yah, the next one will.

Some years ago I came through that weigh station with a Euclid TS-24 scraper on the lowboy,and the officer out front wave me in so I went on in but never stopped.I just wave at him and the fellow that had the scales hook up.They never did chase after me.That was one of my luckier days.

heres a question since everyone says Pa is tough to drive thru. whats the best route from Somerset Pa to the NYS border? not necessarily the quickest, the less trouble from the law/scales route haha

I have driven US219 to just north of Ebensburg. From Somerset to Ebensburg, 219 is four land limited access. US 219 continues north but I have not driven north of Ebensburg.

PA 36 may be another option but 219 and 36 cross at Mahaffey (36 going NW toward Titusville PA and 219 to Bradford PA). Old 220 or Business 220 may be an alternative too.

Hopefully someone else will have better information.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

heres a question since everyone says Pa is tough to drive thru. whats the best route from Somerset Pa to the NYS border? not necessarily the quickest, the less trouble from the law/scales route haha

probably shouldve worded it like that. lol

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Or "How can I illegally drive through PA without getting caught?"

yea, how can i illegally drive a historic loaded vehicle thru Pa without getting caught from somerset Pa to NY? haha

Well if you guys are really gonna be that childish about it then i won't go out and get it. Really not into the sarcasm either....

After thinking about it some more, it doesn't seem to smart

Tom

Well if you guys are really gonna be that childish about it then i won't go out and get it. Really not into the sarcasm either....

After thinking about it some more, it doesn't seem to smart

Tom

Tom, I was joking around with Maddog. The comments were not aimed toward you dude.

yup all joking! im going down to Somerset next weekend with ym B model to pick up the B model firetruck . dunno how many laws im breakin but its all my equipment and im gonna change the gvw on my truck as i only have it registerest as a tractor for 10,000 with historic plates. gonna put not for hire on it and cross my fingers.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

yup all joking! im going down to Somerset next weekend with ym B model to pick up the B model firetruck . dunno how many laws im breakin but its all my equipment and im gonna change the gvw on my truck as i only have it registerest as a tractor for 10,000 with historic plates. gonna put not for hire on it and cross my fingers.

Probably should do the Not For Hire thing too.

Tom

Take a copy of FMCSA 390.3 (f)(3) with you.

The occasional transportation of personal property by individuals not for compensation nor in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise.

Good luck!

Good to know. I got shotgun!

I just printed this out just to have on hand.