Gerhart's 2012 Show Pics

farmer52

I took over 150 images on Friday and Saturday. However most of them I took with my DSLR and they are about 8MB per image. So I am starting to resize the images and will post them in a Gallery. Barry recommended Photobucket which I am going to investigate. Until then I will post a few pics at a time.

These are for Ben - JumperAndSon. You need to upgrade to a Mack!

post-3289-0-49970300-1349742900_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-27513800-1349742912_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-25719100-1349742931_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-88576600-1349742946_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-84215400-1349743008_thumb.jp

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Does anyone know how to reduce the size of a Quicktime MOV file? I have two (2) MOV files, one (237mb) is a scan of the show grounds and the second (160mb) is "Back In Black" Superliner burnout.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I hosted my pictures with photobucket. It's real easy to use and they generate the img code to post the pictures with too.

As for cutting down the mov file try Any Video Converter. It's free and doesn't put one of those annoying water marks across the video. Just google it.

dual Pyrometers?? does this U model have a twin turbo 864 in it?

No, I was around when 2 guys tilted the hood,it was a "Natural" 255hp.I have an old ISSPRO flyer that shows where to drill & tap your exhaust manifolds to install the thermocouple.I didn't realize they used them on non-turbo engines myself.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

dual Pyrometers?? does this U model have a twin turbo 864 in it?

I didnt even notice that I looked at it 3 or 4 times, good catch.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I guess it was for headroom and available space for turnout gear. It is hard to drive a closed cab fire truck with a helmet on.

Before the days of GPS, cell phones and street addresses, the fire fighters may have had to look to the sky to see exactly where the fire was they were on their way to fight. A closed cab would certainly interfere with visibility.

I remember the first open cab I rode in. It was a Mack C-85 that our local fire company was interested in purchasing. Dad was driving and I was riding along with the wind blowing through my hair. As cold as it was that day, I immediately became a fan of closed cab trucks.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

• 3 weeks later...