Gerhart's show pics - my contribution.

E9V8

whats the deal on the second to last pic? looks like an Lj with homebuilt fenders and a B75 radiator.

I'm not too sure what the story is on that one. scratchhead.gif I knew it was a mutt so I took a picture. :D

Terry

Julian, PA

Thanks for posting the pictures for us that wern't able to attend. It looks like there have been some additions to the bone yard since the last show there I atttended. Mr. Gerharts bone yard will definitly will take you back in time.

• Like 1

Great pics. Did you notice what tranny was in the U-615? I've only seen the deep reduction lever with the Fuller 15 speeds.

I didn't even notice that was there until I looked at the pictures last night.

Terry

Julian, PA

Guest 45LMSWM

whats the deal on the second to last pic? looks like an Lj with homebuilt fenders and a B75 radiator.

Its an LJSW formerly owned by Keen Transport of Carlisle, PA. S/N LJ2D 4732D. Not sure what is under the hood now. Truck was for sale in Wheels of Time almost 20 years ago and has been in Lititz ever since.

-John

The Keen LJ is an NH220 under the hood, it runs good & sounds good. It is some version of a 9 or a 10 speed duplex trans, and 44,000# rears, (I don't remember what model #). It has after maket hydraulic power steering, with a belt driven pump and the slave cylinder is on the tierod. I don't know how it feels on the road, but in the yard you can steer with one finger.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

Well Im sad I missed it but I am gonna try to get there next year, hopefully with the Superliner to add in to Superliner row, I think seeing those pics is jsut great all those old Macks in the same place is one of the best sights I can imagine, and a bone yard to boot!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Son of a b*tch. I didn't realize I could have wondered into the yard. I love crusty crap. Damn! I'll remember that for next year.

That is a reason why you show up on Friday afternoon...more time to "walk the grounds".

Nice to meet you and see you next year!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"