Know anyone that runs a coal bucket and loosing their job?

David

Shuting down the coal bussiness is very bad for our country, and trying to replace it with natural gas is not the answer. You may say it is cheap and we have alot of it but i have worked in the oil and natural gas my whole life. If we take out the coal plants and start gas powerd plants the price of gas will sky rocket, the same way gas has at the pumps, and this is what the big gas companys want, They have flooded the market with gas just for this reason, to make it cheap and show we have plenty hopeing that this will help the transission from coal, but i am telling you people if coal is replaced with gas it will be way more expensive than coal and small compainies will be booming as well as the big, it will be good for me and people that work in oil and gas, but what about the electric bills, i am telling you guys we need coal. Right now gas is about 3 bucks a cfm 6 years ago when the demand was up it was 12 and 13 bucks for the same amount we were coverd up with work and my heating bill at home was unreal!!

Just my two cents, i know it ain't worth a dime, it's just two pennys right!!

i will say this much, i do not feel either romney or obama have the countries best intrest at heart, but i have already seen how obama party feels about our country and i feel it is time to give someone eles a try, romney could be even worse if elected, but i would reither take a chance then to let obama get the seat again and keep up his foolishness.
  • Like 2

Shuting down the coal bussiness is very bad for our country, and trying to replace it with natural gas is not the answer. You may say it is cheap and we have alot of it but i have worked in the oil and natural gas my whole life. If we take out the coal plants and start gas powerd plants the price of gas will sky rocket, the same way gas has at the pumps, and this is what the big gas companys want, They have flooded the market with gas just for this reason, to make it cheap and show we have plenty hopeing that this will help the transission from coal, but i am telling you people if coal is replaced with gas it will be way more expensive than coal and small compainies will be booming as well as the big, it will be good for me and people that work in oil and gas, but what about the electric bills, i am telling you guys we need coal. Right now gas is about 3 bucks a cfm 6 years ago when the demand was up it was 12 and 13 bucks for the same amount we were coverd up with work and my heating bill at home was unreal!!

Just my two cents, i know it ain't worth a dime, it's just two pennys right!!

I think your opinion is well received on the Mack site and is well worth it!! I think all of us on this site agree to disagree so don't cut yourself short

BULLHUSK

I was in a coal union several years ago, contract time was coming up, company had put their offers on table, union bosses had said they were gonna turn it down without a vote and did. It came up again, same offer, and i asked a union boss why not put it before members for a vote, like they were supposed to, since we were the paying members, and get our opinions on it. I now quote his answer word for word,,,"Cause you sumbitches are too damn stupid to know what you want." I cant repeat on here what i told him, he did tell me he would see me kicked out of union. Long story short, he left, I didnt, contract passed. My point here, when unions are run by member consensus, they are much better, more productive and down to earth. Some of these unions are run by some real "assholes", who dont keep their members in mind. randyp

• Like 1

Yeah PBO has the lower class in mind alright. Just the welfare rats that are leaching off if us ( people who work). Gotta hand it to him he found a huge untapped constituency. Promise them free shit and they vote for you. Next term blame previous administration and promise more free shit while condemning ambitious Americans who worked and made something of themselves. Pretty soon there will be too many on the free rise wagon and we will collapse and they will starve.

Exactly! My bp was getting up, neck turning red, prolly would have said it in a way i'd regret later, but you hit the nail right on the head.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Oh,.. cheez. My opinion- labor unions were started out of necessity, we all learned this in school,right? Companies were taking advantage of their employees at every opportunity-hours too long? don't get paid a fair wage? tough, just leave and we'll replace you. Now, it's swung too far in the other direction. The unions pretty much run the show, wanting more, and more, and more, pay and benefits for actually doing less and less and less.

The welfare system has pretty much run the same course. I don't think anybody begrudges anyone on welfare that deserves it. Welfare is a good thing, but too many people take advantage of the welfare system at every opportunity, and that's a problem. The able bodied deadbeats that are on welfare kind of make everybody on welfare look bad because they think the world owes them a living for having 14 children by 13 different babydaddys,and that's just wrong,and all of us pay for it. And these same deadbeats are the ones that are worried about losing all "my free shit" if Obama isn't reelected.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Richie Brothers is selling sixtysome D11s in two weeks.

http://www.rbauction.com/bigiron

I tend to keep up what commodities are doing and its not good for coal with the flood of natural gas around the world

and the green money thrown at the coal generation plants to convert to natural gas. It happened locally with a small 40 year old coal fired plant locally now ruining gas,,I would say that eliminated 30 steady trucking delivery jobs alone and the other jobs that had to handle and process the coal to use.

Also the combination of weaker-than-expected demand from the world's two largest coal-consuming nations ,(Mostly china )and mild winter weather and excess global supply has pulled the benchmark price of thermal coal, burned to generate electricity, down by more than 20% since the start of the year. Prices are now so low that the highest-cost producers are losing money.

Natural gas is not any better,, being profitable today, because of the glut in the world market

Patriot is in the top ten producer ,,Peabody being #1

http://www.patriotcoal.com/

the equipment that has been flooding the market is part of patriot coal restructuring http://www.reuters.c...E86816620120709

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Phil Kerpen, President of The American Energy Commitment, a conservative group,a grassroots organization, has been tracking President Obama's "War on Coal." Here's his much more lucid explanation for the current rise in retail electricity prices:

"The lynchpin of the Obama’s War on Coal is the so-called Utility Maximum Achievable Control Technology (Utility MACT) rule, also known as “Mercury and Air Toxics Standards” or “MATS.” The rule requires expensive retrofits at coal-fired power plants, raising electricity prices nearly 20 percent with no environmental benefit.

The cost, according to EPA’s own estimate, is $20 billion per year. A more realistic analysis from the National Economic Research Associates found compliance costs of $51 billion per year, with 183,000 lost jobs per year.

Worse, if the rule stands it will combine with Obama's new greenhouse gas rules to shut down all coal-fired power plants in America, a genuine economic catastrophe that will make prices “necessarily skyrocket as much as 70%” and undermine the reliability of our electric grid."

In 2008, coal supplied 49% of our electrical power. Today, three and a half years into Obama's presidency, President Obama has succeeded in cutting coal's share of our electrical power production to 26%. With the assistance of a Democrat-controlled Senate and a few Republican Senators, he's well on his way to fulfilling one of his campaign promises--bankrupting the coal industry and skyrocketing the retail price of electricity.

Here is the Forbes article on the Department of Interior and the White House's new War on Natural Gas.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhendrickson/2012/09/20/a-mean-green-obama-wages-war-against-cheap-energy/

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...