Broken Strap

other dog

I would have left yesterday going to Warren,Pa. with a load of lumber but we didn't get the load until late, and when I got loaded about 4pm. I was tightening a strap when it just snapped. I went rolling one way, my bar went the other way, and the strap flew over the trailer. I had all my weight on the bar trying to get that last click. It was raining at the time, and after I fell I came home to take a shower before I left. Todd had said I could load yesterday or this morning anyway.

Didn't hurt me,except my left thumb is sore and swollen. Never had a strap just snap like that one did-never fell it tear,or stretch, it just snapped all at once like somebody hit it with an axe-a sharp axe. There were no cuts or tears in it at first either.

It was a Kinedyne strap and I looked on the tag to see where it was made but it didn't say. The one Ancra strap on the trailer said "assembled in USA."

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

wow thats messed up,,,i didnt think those ever broke,,,glad you didnt break anything,,,but flying back that way,,,reminded me of a time i went to unload a 55 gallon drum off a trailer,,,and gave it a big ole all my might tug to lean it towards me,so i could roll it,,,and it was empty,,,went flying back like 15 feet on my ass,,,people watchin of coarse,,,think i got my feelings hurt more than anything.lol.bob

• Like 1

wow thats messed up,,,i didnt think those ever broke,,,glad you didnt break anything,,,but flying back that way,,,reminded me of a time i went to unload a 55 gallon drum off a trailer,,,and gave it a big ole all my might tug to lean it towards me,so i could roll it,,,and it was empty,,,went flying back like 15 feet on my ass,,,people watchin of coarse,,,think i got my feelings hurt more than anything.lol.bob

first thing I did was look around to see if anyone had seen me fall. my thumb still hurts.

You better be careful Tom, you get our age, its not healthy to be doing gymnastic stunts. Glad you survived it. randyp

ya know, this is true. something I never thought about,a strap breaking like that. Now i'll be skeered to get that "last click" and the load might shift.Sleepwalker was right too,it coulda been worse. The ground was hard,actually asphalt,where I fell but at least it was flat.If there'd been metal,old pallets,or a piece of plywood with 800 20D nails driven through it from the bottom side with the pointy ends sticking up where I fell it could have been really bad.