My Progress

Hi gang! I am on reading and learning everyday, I dont post a lot however, but knowing everyones love of pics thought I would add a couple of pics of my B61 progress. First picture of the truck at start, disassembly pics in my gallery. The transmission is painted and ready to install, and pics of the frame in primer. Engine is being prepped for paint to match trans, and should be done soon. Work on the rears is my next step. I have a lot of little things completed in the last couple of years, but this is the big stuff. I feel like I am finally building momentum, so hopefully more pics to come as things come together

Dave

post-559-0-80760300-1346615530_thumb.jpg

post-559-0-45353100-1346615877_thumb.jpg

post-559-0-79141000-1346615910.jpg

thats very nice

the hard part is the stuff you do before you finally get to assemble

I always laugh that the first part is h''l, but the second half is like christmas every day

opening presents, and putting clean nice pieces back together

I like the frame all empty and clean

talk about an open pallet

dr

i have restored a few b models and thats my favorite part, the bar frame, puttin engine, tranny and rear back in and springs haha. after the cab is on i hate the aligning parts, fenders and all the little things to finish it up that seem to take forever. and dont worry, they are never finished. i always look and mine and think of something to fix or change haha.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

The truck does have the 34000rear, and triplex. The frame rails are in a DuPont epoxt primer, and the black parts (trunnion and crossmembers) are in POR-15. Once the axels and the suspension etc are attached I will prep and paint as a unit. I change my mind daily about an underside color. I dont really want black...leaning towards a navy blue??

Painted the engine this weekend. Started to put things back together and didnt like the wobble in the shaft of the water pump. Probably should look for another one. Not sure how I missed this when I took everything apart, but oh well

The frame pic is deceiving as the chain holding it up isnt real visible, it does look to float!

post-559-0-37421400-1346870651_thumb.jpg

Looks impressive!

Especially the naked frame.

I'm for NAVY blue.

Black is usual and usually unrestored.

Red is nice and bright but too common.

I have the same matter of question for an engine.

My truck is in khaki, original engine color is black.

I'm thinking now about as your one.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Well you might want t do hat cause it can take up to a month to hear back from them. If you do end up contacting them there service is free of charge but it's nice to give them a donation for all the work they do!

Tom

I called them a month a go they said it would be a little while they were backed up and doing some moving around, I am not going to complain the last time I got an owners manual, brochure, line sheet and some deler and shipping info.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I called them a month a go they said it would be a little while they were backed up and doing some moving around, I am not going to complain the last time I got an owners manual, brochure, line sheet and some deler and shipping info.

I emailed my info about a week ago. They told me it would most likely be 8 weeks. I can't complain, it would take me a lifetime to find half the info they will provide.

Ben

1962 B733 L cab