Small town blues

41chevy

Hey Rowdy.........do you sit on the porch with the shotgun in hands,when they drive up, shoot over their heads or maybe take off an ear?

mike

I don't care if its 120 degrees or 35 degrees & pouring rain, they can stand outside as they attempt to conduct whatever business brought them onto the property. I will not invite them into my house for any reason.

My .45 will be visible on my hip. The 12 gauge may or may not be in my hand...but if the 12 gauge is not in my hand, my hand will be resting comfortably on the butt of the .45.

Dozer will be by my side, barking & growling & carrying on. He can be pretty intimidating. Don't give me a reason to open this door, because he'd like nothing more than to rip you apart.

I'm uncooperative, with heavy use of sarcasm to illustrate the fact that I'm not the least bit interested in what they have to say. They don't pay my mortgage. They don't pay my property taxes. Therefore they have no say in what I do on or with my property.

Most of all, I'm fully prepared to meet my maker. If they cannot say the same, they best not attempt to use force to assert their authority over me. I am the king of this castle and will use whatever means I deem necessary to defend it.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

No doubt bout it Rowdy, We gonna have to take up a collection and send you to "charm" school. This is a kinder, gentler world we live in and you just gonna have to "nice" up a lil bit. Learn how to properly hold your tea cup, bake tea buscuits,,,,Dozer may need to even go to class with you and learn how to be nice to lil rabbits. Invite everyone in and show them your "decor" and hospitality. sincerely,,Dr. randyp

• Like 2

I don't care if its 120 degrees or 35 degrees & pouring rain, they can stand outside as they attempt to conduct whatever business brought them onto the property. I will not invite them into my house for any reason.

My .45 will be visible on my hip. The 12 gauge may or may not be in my hand...but if the 12 gauge is not in my hand, my hand will be resting comfortably on the butt of the .45.

Dozer will be by my side, barking & growling & carrying on. He can be pretty intimidating. Don't give me a reason to open this door, because he'd like nothing more than to rip you apart.

I'm uncooperative, with heavy use of sarcasm to illustrate the fact that I'm not the least bit interested in what they have to say. They don't pay my mortgage. They don't pay my property taxes. Therefore they have no say in what I do on or with my property.

Most of all, I'm fully prepared to meet my maker. If they cannot say the same, they best not attempt to use force to assert their authority over me. I am the king of this castle and will use whatever means I deem necessary to defend it.

geeeeeeeesh lol you da man,,,my hat goes off to ya.bob

Damn...all this adherence to the law & compliance with regulations is making me sick. If Americans were as compliant in 1775 as they are today, we'd still be flying the union jack....

Seriously, what ever happened to property rights? Individual liberty?

Government agents are never welcome on my property....and when they DO show up, I try to make them as uncomfortable as possible for as long as it takes for them to leave the premises.

It's a job that makes me money, nothing more, nothing less. The owner pays permits and all my time spent getting them processed. If a few hay bales and a few fire extingushers is all it takes to keep them off my back, I can live with that.

Paul

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The east end is a very different place today than it was when I was growing up. It's being destroyed by all this so called progress, which seems to be the destiny for any sizeable amount of prime real estate these days.

Not much prime real estate on the north fork now. The powers that be have managed to legislate most farms, winery's and buisiness out of existance. Even the Boy Scout camp and 4 H have been regulated for land use, by the city people creating their idea of "ruraL"

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It's a job that makes me money, nothing more, nothing less. The owner pays permits and all my time spent getting them processed. If a few hay bales and a few fire extingushers is all it takes to keep them off my back, I can live with that.

Paul

Well, if it's for a job that's one thing...here I was thinking it was your property you were trying to clean up. If you don't own the land, you gotta play by the land owner's rules...and if the landowner is willing to compensate you for being compliant, then by all means be compliant and collect your pay. :twothumbsup:

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

41chevy..You are more than welcome to join us in the Old Dominion. Not a bad place to live, especially for an antique truck person. Easy to title, no tax or state safety inspection on antiques and you only pay a one time $50.00 fee for antique tags. It will be nirvana compared to the regulations and BS you guys have ended up with in NY.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!