Could be a nice truck,just too much BS for me personally,i hate to see these classic trucks "goobered-up" with all that add on bullshit! i myself like the K.I.S.S .method (keep it simple stupid!) i do appreciate all the work that goes into something like this,but sometimes enough is too much!...................case in point, this one also............................Mark

post-5836-0-12480200-1343680998_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Could be a nice truck,just too much BS for me personally,i hate to see these classic trucks "goobered-up" with all that add on bullshit! i myself like the K.I.S.S .method (keep it simple stupid!) i do appreciate all the work that goes into something like this,but sometimes enough is too much!...................case in point, this one also............................Mark

I agree.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

i think i met the guy that owns that,,,him and his wife were pretty nice,,if its the same one.bob

i saw a B47T at an auction in upstate ny about 10 years back, everyone was all over it so i left, found out it sold for $800 and wanted to shoot myself in the foot after. had dual 55 gallon round step tanks and a baby 673, which was a 465 i think, the Mack engine, not scania and an adapter plate with a baby quad behind it. only reason the baby quad lasted was the pump was turned down to 150 hp in the engine, real hill climber there haha. same guy went to another auction i was at and bought a B61 single axle with a monoshift, hole in the block, 4 brand new recapped back tired and a nice dump box for $200 bucks. another time there was a big crownd and i said screw it and left early. Dave Zsido in vermont had a B47 tandem axle for sale about 15 years ago, he gave it an amateur restoration, paint and a new chrome shell, had a rotten cab and he wanted $4500 for it.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

post-8124-0-17517300-1343775529_thumb.jpand ordinarilly i would agree,,,im not a big fan of all that add on stuff,,,but this truck was absolutely immaculate...you could shave in the paint job alone..ground up restoration,,,took him ten years,did most of the work himself...and it was powered up with a bigger updated driveline,,,and this truck actually works,,,not just show,,,and believe it or not,,,even with all that chrome,,,the petes were still getting more attention,,,lol.incredible...but anyway this is generally what i prefer.lol.bob

A shot of that R model was posted in someone's Macungie photos. Absolutely prefect, do you know what the current powertrain is?

Jim

A shot of that R model was posted in someone's Macungie photos. Absolutely prefect, do you know what the current powertrain is?

dont remember what he said,,,it was around 6 years ago when i talked to him,,,and infact the truck looked better in person.bob