How my trip went... Pics!

tkobes43

Well my Uncle flew in from Indiana with his family Saturday morning around 8am. Their flight got cancelled on friday due to "High Traffic" over newark... They got to my house around 945 had a bite to eat and headed on our Journey. We left my house around 11 O'Clock and made it to Vermont around 4 with no problems at all. Didn't pass or see one smokey bear the whole way! We got to Vermont with a slight disappointment. I was assured that my car was going to be covered for the time it was being placed outside due to the very nasty thunderstorms we got wednesday and thursday! I arrived on scene with nothing covering my car at all. Granted its just the shell, i still have all the electrical wires in the car along with the seats dash and steering column in the car. Once again you can not count on my fathers side of the family for SHIT! With that out of the way we started loading the car on the trailer and of course there is a issue. The car is stuck right smack dap in the middle. Its hung up on the mufflers. My uncle beats the muffler as i yank on the car with the winch to get it on the trailer! Man what a project that was. Finally after about an hour the car is on the trailer!!!! We are both sweating bullets and just want to get the hell out of here! I tie the car down with the new straps i got and I'm amazed! That was the best $150 bucks I've spent! I had the car tied down in 3 minutes!!! No hassle! Finally we get back on the road at 8. We stop at "The Loft" In lake george, NY for a quick bite to eat! Best burger I've had! If your ever going through lake george please stop at this place! Cheap and excellent food. Once we are back on the road its Bear city! Everywhere you look speed trap after speed trap! Its crazy. The whole way home my hair was standing straight up on my neck. Around 1am we stop at a truck stop on I87 grab a quick coffee and a piss break and we hit the road again! It was actually funny. Ive never seen a truck stop that had so many SUVs pulling campers sleeping in the truck parking spots overnight! Around 230 we make it back to my house. No hassle at all! Truck ran great, trailer pulled awesome! Not one issue besides loading! I had a blast my uncle had a blast and thats all that matters! And i got my car back so thats a plus lol. Enjoy the photos!!! :twothumbsup:

About to Depart-

DSC05862.jpg

Saying bye-

DSC05863.jpg

Guess Albany toll booth hasn't changed much-

DSC05864.jpg

Continued-

DSC05865.jpg

Continued-

DSC05866.jpg

Chatter on the CB-

DSC05867.jpg

Bridge-

DSC05868.jpg

Some asshole hauling a ladder-

DSC05869.jpg

Off at our Exit-

DSC05870.jpg

DSC05871.jpg

DSC05872.jpg

Stop for some soda and piss break-

DSC05873.jpg

Rollin along-

DSC05874.jpg

Signs for Winter mountains already!

DSC05875.jpg

Scenery-

DSC05876.jpg

Give it a few years and you would be able to see the building on the left-

DSC05878.jpg

Crusin-

DSC05879.jpg

High security prison-

DSC05880.jpg

DSC05881.jpg

DSC05882.jpg

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Your trailer could carry 3 Firebirds. Or one plus 2 Camaro's.

It wasn't probably easy to went through the forest with.

Somebody told you to keep woods. Plancs are usefull loading low cars.

Glad you have it home.

Are lots of cars at the pictures in waiting for a road pay?

Spent 20 minues the same way just yesterday.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

yup, was gonna say, few boards on the ramps to jack the front up a few inches after the back is on and it would have cleared. was down in albany friday night and sat and near saratoga sunday for a truck show. i imagine you got off in lake george and took 149 over to vermont?

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Nice pics Tom! thanks for sharing,glad to see you got your "bird" back,i always liked the 77-79 bodystyle,nice looking cars when done up right................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Glad it all went uneventful for the most part.

Yup, loading on top of that crest really puts ramps at a steep angle. Sometimes you just gotta fight it.

Friend had a '77 Gold Edition bird, had it completely redone. Very nice car. He stuck a early 400 in it(had to fudge the motormounts), honeycomb wheels, etc. Always will like those cars.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Repaired a whole lot of them in the 70's into the early 80's when they were everywhere.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The Y88 Gold Edition was 1978 only. I think production was 8606 of them in total, then it breaks down into 403 and 400 cars then autos and stick. 403 cars (olds engines) only came with automatics.

You sir are correct! This car happens to be a 1978 Y88 with the 400 Auto. I have another 1978 Y88 with a 403 auto. The car in the garage is one of 803 with the 403 engine. Un restored and pristine! 86k original miles. Needs a new battery and a new rear fender. Some asshole backed into me at a car show!!!!!!! Been sitting about 2 years...

Tom

If it needs a quarter panel, it's not pristine. Lol. My Formula used to be in one of those cheap $150 canopy garage things. A couple winters ago it rained, filled up a low spot in the tarp with water, then froze. Wound with with a 500lb block of ice that collapsed the thing onto my roof and put a dent right above my windshield. That's after I spend big bucks on body work. Argh! I still need to paint it so my body guy is going to repair that dent when I am ready for paint.

Nice pictures!..and yeah, there are are no more "truck stops". It's all about the tourists and 4 wheelers any more.

You're right,i think the only people that even call them truckstops anymore is us (truckdrivers) their all "travelcenters" now...................................Mark

post-5836-0-92892200-1343440441_thumb.jp

You're right,i think the only people that even call them truckstops anymore is us (truckdrivers) their all "travelcenters" now...................................Mark

That truck stop is now a Pilot! lol

Tom

Been to Reinauer Brothers many times.

At one time they had one on each side of the road so you didn't have to cross over Rte. 17 like you do now.

Ron

Used to stop there myself years ago,always had a good breakfast menu,most all the "good" places to stop and eat are all gone now,just memories!........................................Mark