1958 Mack H67LT hauled from New Mexico to Missouri

Olivetroad

I need a Mack H model hauled from Reserve, New Mexico, 87830 to Fulton, Missouri, 65251 or really anywhere in Missouri would work. No hurry on pick up. The seller said he can push it up on a trailer.

Here is a photo: post-6658-0-65254000-1341930921_thumb.jp

You can call me at (573)219-6611

David Backer

Here is Mark's post from a month ago when he offered to drive it - does the offer still stand?

"Tom,i'll just need some new batteries,couple packs of cigarettes,thermos full of coffee,and i'll DRIVE it up to Jersey! deal?"........................Mark

I need a Mack H model hauled from Reserve, New Mexico, 87830 to Fulton, Missouri, 65251 or really anywhere in Missouri would work. No hurry on pick up. The seller said he can push it up on a trailer.

Here is a photo: post-6658-0-65254000-1341930921_thumb.jp

You can call me at (573)219-6611

David Backer

Here is Mark's post from a month ago when he offered to drive it - does the offer still stand?

"Tom,i'll just need some new batteries,couple packs of cigarettes,thermos full of coffee,and i'll DRIVE it up to Jersey! deal?"........................Mark

You got it!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Would'nt be the craziest thing i ever did,thats for sure! a dear friend of mine (now deceased,he had terminal cancer) had long dreamed of his own B-model,so his wife surprized him (and me) with the purchase,only problem was the truck was in New Haven,CT we were in New Jersey.So i was "talked into" going to to get the truck as a suprize,but how? hell,i'll DRIVE it back! she took me up there,along with all the tools,parts etc. we could carry,granted the truck was roadworthy (barely) but after cleaning terminals,changing fuel filter,new batteries,and airing up one steer tire,i was on my way! (did i mention it was january and it was missing the pass. side window?) so after mapping my route (pre GPS) to stay on as many backroads and lesser highways as possible,off i went with my buddies wife right behind me,this was a 1965 B-61 tandem tractor that had once been a dumptruck,ENDT- 673,Duplex,lemme tell ya' i give them ol' timers all the credit in the world! this thing beat the living shit outta' me all the way home! and really the only trouble i had (mechanically) was a leaking wheel seal,which was easily fixed.Long story short,we got home just about dark,i drove right up to my pals house,pulled the rope on the horn,he came outside,as i was backing in the driveway,he says" where'd ya' get such a great truck,and why are you bringing it here?"i says "Pal this is YOUR truck" i'm just the delivery man! if i live to be 100,i'll never see a happier face in my life! he had it just about done before he passed,and asked that his son keep the truck,and finish restoring it,but that never happened,he (his son) sold the truck for dope money,never to be seen again!...but i am so glad it was enjoyed while he had it,and love to tell the story of how it got to Jersey with the little part i played in it,i loved every minute of it! prolly not the smartest thing i ever did,but i never got so many "thumbs up" in my life! and would'nt trade the memory for anything! and all that was left to do was mail the owners plate back to him!...............................................John W. Creamer 1940-1997 R.I.P my friend!...........................................Mark

Great story! I knew I had found the correct delivery man to go get my truck. Let me know when you hit Missouri headed this way.................I will need to go by the bank to get the twenty dollar bill I plan to give you as a tip for your time and all?

Would'nt be the craziest thing i ever did,thats for sure! a dear friend of mine (now deceased,he had terminal cancer) had long dreamed of his own B-model,so his wife surprized him (and me) with the purchase,only problem was the truck was in New Haven,CT we were in New Jersey.So i was "talked into" going to to get the truck as a suprize,but how? hell,i'll DRIVE it back! she took me up there,along with all the tools,parts etc. we could carry,granted the truck was roadworthy (barely) but after cleaning terminals,changing fuel filter,new batteries,and airing up one steer tire,i was on my way! (did i mention it was january and it was missing the pass. side window?) so after mapping my route (pre GPS) to stay on as many backroads and lesser highways as possible,off i went with my buddies wife right behind me,this was a 1965 B-61 tandem tractor that had once been a dumptruck,ENDT- 673,Duplex,lemme tell ya' i give them ol' timers all the credit in the world! this thing beat the living shit outta' me all the way home! and really the only trouble i had (mechanically) was a leaking wheel seal,which was easily fixed.Long story short,we got home just about dark,i drove right up to my pals house,pulled the rope on the horn,he came outside,as i was backing in the driveway,he says" where'd ya' get such a great truck,and why are you bringing it here?"i says "Pal this is YOUR truck" i'm just the delivery man! if i live to be 100,i'll never see a happier face in my life! he had it just about done before he passed,and asked that his son keep the truck,and finish restoring it,but that never happened,he (his son) sold the truck for dope money,never to be seen again!...but i am so glad it was enjoyed while he had it,and love to tell the story of how it got to Jersey with the little part i played in it,i loved every minute of it! prolly not the smartest thing i ever did,but i never got so many "thumbs up" in my life! and would'nt trade the memory for anything! and all that was left to do was mail the owners plate back to him!...............................................John W. Creamer 1940-1997 R.I.P my friend!...........................................Mark

Wow, amazing story. Sucks so many kids turn to drugs and such. Thanks for Sharing Mark.

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

GREAT STORY.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Thanks guys! i thought some of you might get a kick out of that,i am going to email my buddies wife,and see if she as any pictures (i know she took some that day) i don't have any myself,i was just so glad to be home,get my hearing back,and thaw out my hands to worry about pictures!,but now in hindsight i wish a had taken some,especially knowing the circumstances!................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 2 weeks later...

Mark, that was an awesome story! Kinda brought a tear to my eye to think of how something so simple made such a difference to a good friend. Not having the money for transportation and a penchant to buy old Junkers for demo derby has led me to drive quite a few scary trips home in 50 or 100 dollar cars. Thanks for sharing the memories

Tim

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

that was a touching story; Mark; you are a fine gentleman, things done for a friend earn my respect; hope your bud is driving his "B" model somewhere in the Mack heavens.............speaking as an old codger; just see way too many kids go wrong; and I have a feeling we have been to easy on them and they have never had to earn anything as it is mostly given to them;

Lou

Edited by Lou in Alabama

Check out the web site Uship.com

I put a couple pieces out there on it just to see what kind of bids I got back, but never actually used them, I think it is at least worth a look.

I've also used a broker, Jennifer, from Coastal Trucking for LTL's, it might suprise you. Her # is 509-362-2274

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

Glad to see the H was finally saved. Id have bought it years ago if I could find a guy to deliver. Whats your plans with it?

Jay - I don't really know, I am just trying to punch a few more holes in the must have MACK alphabet!

If Ray can't go get it, I may head down there and pick it up in person, the seller really seems like a nice guy and he has a lot of other goodies he is wanting to sell. It is about a two day trip, but I have never been to New Mexico, so I might try it this winter.

We are so swamped with chopping silage and trying to keep water in front of the cattle in this drought that I had not even thought about this truck for the last month. I have not even been on BMT for a week, but I am taking the morning off so I can get caught up with my Obama jokes of the day!