LJSW Location of VIN Number?

I bought a 1951 Mack LJSW back in Feburary. I got real busy with work and didn't find the time to transfer the title right away.

The title is from the '70s and is difficult to read. So I need to find the VIN # on the truck to verify what the title says. The chassis

number on the plate on the passanger seat frame says LJ2D4217D.

I bought a 1951 Mack LJSW back in Feburary. I got real busy with work and didn't find the time to transfer the title right away.

The title is from the '70s and is difficult to read. So I need to find the VIN # on the truck to verify what the title says. The chassis

number on the plate on the passanger seat frame says LJ2D4217D.

Im pretty sure that might be the VIN right there.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

That is what I was guessing but it doesn't match the title. I bought the truck from an old man that ran this truck for over 20 years.

Look around by the rear spring hangers. If the truck frame has not been altered the the serial number may be stamped there.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

So I checked the frame and it matches the tag inside the cab. So now I am wondering how the title has completely the wrong numbering for this truck.

I would guess that all the trucks made this year would have numbers close to this one. Kinda thinking I have the wrong title.

Maybe, someone titled it with a different VIN on purpose. We might have to do that with my U because we only have the copy of the title. Maybe that happened. Or maybe they titled it with that VIN to get away with something, or something.

Yup. Or something.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Has me wondering now. The truck has not been on the road since around 1999 or 2000 is what the old man said. And when I did try getting the title transfered before I realized there was any problems the lady said that since the truck had not been licensed in so long the previous title was no longer in the system.

Edited by 1951 Mack LJ

better off with a pencil etching of the vin off the frame and a pic of the vin tag in the cab and make up a bill of sale with that number and forge the signature. thats what i did with my B613T. better off having no paperwork sometimes in New York State cause the idiots behind the counter dont have a clue half the time anyways.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

51ljsw: check engine serial numbers to see if they put them down as serial numbers.I know of two more trucks in wash. that this was the case.one even put the year of truck down as serial number in Wash.the trouble is or was people couldnt relate chassis number to serial number and when they seen SERIAL on engine plate thats what they used.check engine serial plate number to your registered one.then tell me where in Wash. are you.

My 52 used the engine SN as the VIN when the city of Richmond sold it in the seventies. One of these days when I feel the need to get frustrated I'm going to try to fix it at DMV.

You may be better off to do a lost title procedure with DMV if their process isn't too difficult. If you have an in with law enforcement ask them to run the chassis number you have just to ensure it is not already being used. If it is you will have to re-group and come up with a new plan.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

You guys living in a good country.

If I buy a car/truck with no title or have a chassis number wrong I have NO chances to register it and drive.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012