Shouldn't This Be Scania Powered?

Mosites is a great local construction company. They are a pretty decent sized GC here in Pittsburgh. I'm good friends with a grandson of theirs. The concrete company that my Dad worked for were used all the time by Mosites and my current employer is a sub as well. I have fond memories of them.... they've always had Macks. Check out the Superliner- http://asset-auctions.assetnation.com/index.cfm/general/LotDetail/LotNumber/A46049-0010

They also have an old Brockway i'd like to get my hands on.

Mosites is a great local construction company. They are a pretty decent sized GC here in Pittsburgh. I'm good friends with a grandson of theirs. The concrete company that my Dad worked for were used all the time by Mosites and my current employer is a sub as well. I have fond memories of them.... they've always had Macks. Check out the Superliner- http://asset-auction...ber/A46049-0010

Sweet, that Superliners pretty cool. Got any pictures of their Brockway?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

It might of had a Scanni, but I dont think all of them had Scanni;s. You should snag that up Ben, R400's are kind of rare.

Yea, I'd like to get it no matter what engine is in it. I don't know if my dad would or not. If it goes for less than $800 I might be able to convince him to buy it. We have to find a way to haul it.

Mosites is a great local construction company. They are a pretty decent sized GC here in Pittsburgh. I'm good friends with a grandson of theirs. The concrete company that my Dad worked for were used all the time by Mosites and my current employer is a sub as well. I have fond memories of them.... they've always had Macks. Check out the Superliner- http://asset-auction...ber/A46049-0010

I do like that Superliner, but we can't really just go buyin' a truck we don't need(my mom doesn't it like when we do that). It would be great for some contracting company out there that needs to haul a lowboy.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Yea, I'd like to get it no matter what engine is in it. I don't know if my dad would or not. If it goes for less than $800 I might be able to convince him to buy it. We have to find a way to haul it.

I do like that Superliner, but we can't really just go buyin' a truck we don't need(my mom doesn't it like when we do that). It would be great for some contracting company out there that needs to haul a lowboy.

Ben

Your mom is like my Nana when Papa and I bring an old snowmobile home or anything. My moms kind of like that too, but she tries to block it all out and doesnt say anything.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

More than likly a Scania.be better if it was a 413 or 440 Mopar Wedge..Rare unit either way. Look at Doug Maney's album, he's got a R410 with a Mopar in it. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The scanie that i remenber was a 465 or a 475. n the sixtys there was both of them in B models and one was a small scaled down mack six cyl and the other a six cyl scannie. Both was non turbo but have seen photos of the scannie later years with turbos.The little six mack engine was used in some miltary trucks and was a low HP engine.We worked on some here with both engines that a ready mix had.Both of them as B models with the small quad and wedge brakes.Wedge brakes in and around cement and acid so what do you think they was like. That right froze uo all the time.

glenn akers

Yes,the 401 should be a Scania,Ben. I have a buddy that has an '68 R 400 that he and his dad bought with a blown Scania in it.He repowered theirs with an END 673 & duplex.It now has an ENDT675 (237) in it!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Oh well, We didn't get it. We bid on like 5 trucks at that auction and didn't get any of them. Bummer. :(

Ben

Ben - I don't think you understand how this works.

You wait until your dad leaves, then you bid on the things you want with his credit card.

Let me know how that works out.

Ben - I don't think you understand how this works.

You wait until your dad leaves, then you bid on the things you want with his credit card.

Let me know how that works out.

One problem: My dad doesn't have a credit card. He pays cash for everything he buys.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

One problem: My dad doesn't have a credit card. He pays cash for everything he buys.

Ben

Me too. Kills my wife to do that! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE