Want to buy a R Model Tandem Tractor with Wetline

diggerpro

Where in PA are you located,I have a 1979 R model that has only 72,000 orignal miles on it.We are the orignal owners,we brought 20 r models,10 u models,15 dm600 all in 1979.I don't really want to sell it but would think about it.Mike Durkin 215-669-1252

• Like 1

Where in PA are you located,I have a 1979 R model that has only 72,000 orignal miles on it.We are the orignal owners,we brought 20 r models,10 u models,15 dm600 all in 1979.I don't really want to sell it but would think about it.Mike Durkin 215-669-1252

Oh my god you had U models!!!!!!! Do you have any left or pictures??!?!!?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Sorry no pictures.We brought the u models only because the r models had to be built and they had the u model laying around cause Ryder trucking had ordered them and didn't take them.So my father went out and brought 10 more dump trailers to go along with the 20 he had already brought.We used them all on a job we had in Phila.Pa.They worked out well considering they were ment to be highway trucks and not be hauling over 70,000lbs.We would load them up to 80,000-85,000 lbs,went through some trans and rears.Mike Durkin

• Like 2

Sorry no pictures.We brought the u models only because the r models had to be built and they had the u model laying around cause Ryder trucking had ordered them and didn't take them.So my father went out and brought 10 more dump trailers to go along with the 20 he had already brought.We used them all on a job we had in Phila.Pa.They worked out well considering they were ment to be highway trucks and not be hauling over 70,000lbs.We would load them up to 80,000-85,000 lbs,went through some trans and rears.Mike Durkin

Oh OK. U models are good trucks, what did you ever do with them?

You seem to really be chomping at the bit to see some U model photos Vinny so I'll go ahead and post what I've got. I took these right before we saved it from being long lost and forgotten. It was left to be repaired at a shop that shut down a few years back and never got fixed. I contacted the owner and found out he had purchased it from my partner some twenty years ago. When my partner found out it was for sale he immediately sent me to get it back. It's a 1968 U611T model we're using as a yard truck right now but for the right price.......

1968MackU611T008a.jpg

1968MackU611T009a.jpg1968MackU611T012a.jpg

Edited by TicketMan4u
  • Like 1

You seem to really be chomping at the bit to see some U model photos Vinny so I'll go ahead and post what I've got. I took these right before we saved it from being long lost and forgotten. It was left to be repaired at a shop that shut down a few years back and never got fixed. I contacted the owner and found out he had purchased it from my partner some twenty years ago. When my partner found out it was for sale he immediately sent me to get it back. It's a 1968 U611T model we're using as a yard truck right now but for the right price.......

1968MackU611T008a.jpg

1968MackU611T009a.jpg1968MackU611T012a.jpg

OH MY GOD!!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!! WHATS THE SERIAL NUMBER? YOU MADE MY DAY OR NIGHT OR WHATEVER. I WOULD DEFINETLY BUY IT, BUT I LIVE IN NEW YORK AND IM 12 YEARS OLD. :blush:

thats a sweet lookin U model. even if im not a huge fan, its still a mack. looks solid. the few times i have been thru alabama and ga and fla i never seemed to spot any old macks down that way. only one i found was an old solid F model. was at the BigCatHabitat in Sarasota if anyone is interested. the cat thing was featured on american pickers actually a few weeks after we went there.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

It would take a little while and a bit of diesel to get it from Alabama to New York. It's okay, I've got a fellow from Florida says he's interested in it. Serial number is 1375.

Do you know what he plans to do with it? Is he going to restore it or use it? I would hate to see it be scrapped.

It's being used as a yard dog right now moving trailers around but it's up for sale. It had been sitting since 2009 at this shop with an electrical problem with the lights. All we had to do was replace the two batteries that got stole while it was sitting there, put some water in the radiator, check the oil and it fired right up. Just like a Mack.

A fellow at Sparr Truck Parts in Florida sent an email asking for my phone number. Said he was interested in buying the U model but never called. Looked it up on the Mack production number list and saw only 886 trucks like this one were made from 1965-1980. Since it's an older truck I'd rather see it stay here in the states and go to a collector rather than get shipped overseas and lost in Nigeria.

Edited by TicketMan4u

It's being used as a yard dog right now moving trailers around but it's up for sale. It had been sitting since 2009 at this shop with an electrical problem with the lights. All we had to do was replace the two batteries that got stole while it was sitting there, put some water in the radiator, check the oil and it fired right up. Just like a Mack.

A fellow at Sparr Truck Parts in Florida sent an email asking for my phone number. Said he was interested in buying the U model but never called. Looked it up on the Mack production number list and saw only 886 trucks like this one were made from 1965-1980. Since it's an older truck I'd rather see it stay here in the states and go to a collector rather than get shipped overseas and lost in Nigeria.

What is he asking for it?