Connecticut Construction Trucks

Sherman

Not a CT truck, but last year I was up in Patterson NJ at one of my customers (he was renting space from Otilleo) Otilleo an sons has a very low mi early 70's DM 800 with a 380 Cummins the truck is called "Black Beauty" and she is!! I think it's the only one he has left

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

post-1829-0-94219000-1350234998_thumb.jp

Is that the back end of a really big lo-bed I see in front of those LJ's? Man I'd love to find one to put behind my B-815! Then I'd love to have the cash for tires, brakes, paint, insurance, FET...some day...right after college x 4.

I would say that is the back end of a Rogers Wobble Wheel trailer.

I remember Roncari had several B-61 single axle tractors that hauled material out of the East Granby Quarry (Now Tilcon), Not sure if they had R models or DM's. I know they went cheap towards the end with ford L model dumps. :bulldog3:

A guy I know has the last B61X tractor they ran!It was fully rebuilt and hasn't been ran on the road since,needs a resto but the driveline and frame a great.They had many B's,can't believe there's no pics of them around.

DMM's seem very popular in CT for some reason,most of the ones i've seen are up there,or tranplanted to FL....................................................................Mark

In CT triaxles can gross out at 73,000lbs with a construction material and at 67,400lbs without and with a permit 76,500lbs for construction materials but if you have a quadaxle or a double steering axle truck you are good for 80,000lbs

Which above worked perfect for Terzian since he hauls a lot of stone out of North Branford Tilcon to his yard which is south of exit 42 on I-95 and anytruck past exit 42 cant use overweight permits

Edited by 2stacksuperdog
  • Like 2

Matt

In CT triaxles can gross out at 73,000lbs with a construction material and at 67,400lbs without and with a permit 76,500lbs for construction materials but if you have a quadaxle or a double steering axle truck you are good for 80,000lbs

That makes sense,wondered why i always saw so many,i used to see a lot of the HI-HO D'addario DMM's when i passed through.............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.