The Gold Dog is back

Went to the Mack dealer today for parts and saw 6 new Macks with Gold Bull Dogs on the hoods. Looked close at them and saw they were labeled as Pedigree Powertrain. Mack built engine, tranny and axles. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Had they discontiued using the gold dog on the purebreds? I thought the reason they were less common these days because most customers were using outside vendors for transmissons and rears. My company has Visions and Pinnacles from the years '07-'12 but use Fuller trans so no gold dogs in that house. Either way, it's always good to see one, let alone 6 together.

Jim

Went to the Mack dealer today for parts and saw 6 new Macks with Gold Bull Dogs on the hoods. Looked close at them and saw they were labeled as Pedigree Powertrain. Mack built engine, tranny and axles. Paul

cool bob

Had they discontiued using the gold dog on the purebreds? I thought the reason they were less common these days because most customers were using outside vendors for transmissons and rears. My company has Visions and Pinnacles from the years '07-'12 but use Fuller trans so no gold dogs in that house. Either way, it's always good to see one, let alone 6 together.

The parts manager and the sales monkey man seemed to feel it was real special. Don't personally recall seeing them. The 6 are for the Town of Smithtown. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The parts manager and the sales monkey man seemed to feel it was real special. Don't personally recall seeing them. The 6 are for the Town of Smithtown. Paul

Higher profit margin on parts and a higher commision on the sale? ;) Kudo's to Smithtown for the purchase. At first I thought that was a large purchase for them. I then remembered that in NY speak, town is short for township and a village is what others might refer to as a town. I've been away too long.

I see there is a Mack and a KW dealer along the L.I.E. in Medford. I would've loved to see them as we drove by when I was a kid, had they been there at that time.

Jim

Smithtown is a large town ,I've been in there highway yards a few times,they have lots of heavy equipment including many 10 wheel dumps,they used to have all auto cars before switching to Macks.

we have a 2000 cl that has a gold bulldog. the truck was not a pedigree it is a mut. it has a 18 speed fuller and meritor double lock rears it had newway 52k airride when we first got but we had alot of trouble keeping it level so we put hendrickson springs under it. i think in the 90s and 2000s they came with gold bullogs if they were the elite package cl

Higher profit margin on parts and a higher commision on the sale? ;) Kudo's to Smithtown for the purchase. At first I thought that was a large purchase for them. I then remembered that in NY speak, town is short for township and a village is what others might refer to as a town. I've been away too long.

I see there is a Mack and a KW dealer along the L.I.E. in Medford. I would've loved to see them as we drove by when I was a kid, had they been there at that time.

Thats Gabielli . They sell Mack,K.W., Volvo, Hino UD and Ford an used to have Sterling too. Their a super dealership with 8 locations. When I was a kid there was Mineola Mack, Syosset Trucks for I.H. and GM , Ford and Dodge trucks. Riverhead has another Binder dealer. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Gold Bulldogs have not gone anywhere. Most exports get a gold dog.

Guess I just never paid any mind to them.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Smithtown is a large town ,I've been in there highway yards a few times,they have lots of heavy equipment including many 10 wheel dumps,they used to have all auto cars before switching to Macks.

When I hear the word town I think of a village. I've lived in several places on the Island including Port Jeff Sta, Selden, Mastic, and Shirley, but would never say Brookhaven when asked what town I lived in, although that would technically be the correct answer.

Jim