New member from mass. with a u-model

72U685ST

my names eric im 17 i have a gray '72 u685 and i noticed theres been some previous pictures of it posted wondering who owns it. it was my dads and is now mine, he has a '61 b61 and a '87 r611. we go to the local shows in new england so if you live in the area you'll see us around

post-11526-0-47133700-1336439994_thumb.jpost-11526-0-67479100-1336440074_thumb.j post-11526-0-02761800-1336440095.jpg post-11526-0-99033000-1336440174_thumb.j

• Like 1

Unmistakeable Design, Unmatched Performance. Real Trucks Rattle

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|

Hi Eric!!! Im Vinny and im 12 years old and my grandpa (or Papa as I call him) bought me my own U model for Christmas last year. I have always loved U models. Let me say that I love your U model. When my Papa bought the Mack it was originally a tandem tractor like yours but we put a single axle rear in it. I have also been the one asking so many questions about your U model :rolleyes: I was wondering if you have any history on your U model and what is its serial number? I have a list of U model serial numbers ive seen and I would like to add yours to it. My U model was ordered new by Flexi Van Truck Rental in 1975 and was rented out to Kimberly Clark Bakery's. Also since you are from Mass. my U was last titled in Mass. so thats where I think the last company who owned it was from. I have no idea but there is a picture of what the door looks like and was wondering if you or your dad knew what company it might be. Thanks,,,,Vinny

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Ok so yes i have the history with my u-model. From what i know its a U685ST chassis from 1970 if u follow the numbers (4497), it has an endt676 maxidyne from 1978. The other number i have is (5364) it comes back to a 1971 U685T single axle. Truck 4497 was from New York for Boss Linco Lines and 5364 was out of pennsylvania and owned by Hubler Rentals Inc. The registration says 1972 for some reason thats what it was when i got it so i go by that. the previous owner told me it had a red cab and nose and he bobtailed the truck from mass to new york and i guess it was a real rough ride and it pretty much rattled the cab off the truck so he bought a new cab and nose and painted it to how it looks now. this truck is a powerhouse and it rides awful with no trailer.

As for the R611 it was owned by Moskowitz Motoer Transport in Connecticut they went outta business and if we didnt buy the truck it was getting exported so we saved it. this truck is all original and has its factory E6-260 mack motor with an eaton 10 speed. i think that answers all the questions feel free to ask more.

• Like 2

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|

Ok so yes i have the history with my u-model. From what i know its a U685ST chassis from 1970 if u follow the numbers (4497), it has an endt676 maxidyne from 1978. The other number i have is (5364) it comes back to a 1971 U685T single axle. Truck 4497 was from New York for Boss Linco Lines and 5364 was out of pennsylvania and owned by Hubler Rentals Inc. The registration says 1972 for some reason thats what it was when i got it so i go by that. the previous owner told me it had a red cab and nose and he bobtailed the truck from mass to new york and i guess it was a real rough ride and it pretty much rattled the cab off the truck so he bought a new cab and nose and painted it to how it looks now. this truck is a powerhouse and it rides awful with no trailer.

As for the R611 it was owned by Moskowitz Motoer Transport in Connecticut they went outta business and if we didnt buy the truck it was getting exported so we saved it. this truck is all original and has its factory E6-260 mack motor with an eaton 10 speed. i think that answers all the questions feel free to ask more.

Wow, what a history. I really enjoyed reading it. Are you taking the U model to the Macungie PA show this year Eric?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

we got the r-model in 2005 and thats pretty much when they were down to their last few trucks. and im not driving it down to pennsylvania i drove it to the western mass show on sunday and that was a long ride and we sold our flatbed so with no trailer i dont want to go to far in it that would just be hell after a while but i'd like to make it down there as a spectator.

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|

Im hoping to go to the springfield show theres a good chance im bringing the u-model there

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|

On a gold dog maxidyne the grille slats dont close and i put real trucks rattle on because well... everything bangs and rattles while your going down the road. and also i saw a cummins sticker that said it and i liked it so i copied them.

• Like 1

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|

Does your truck have a 675 maxidyne with a 5 speed transmossion?

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|