New member from mass. with a u-model

72U685ST

the maxidyne was the best diesel engine produced in my opinion, you cant kill it. and they designed it to run efficiently on 5 and 6 speed transmissions and still perform like a 10 speed. their awesome

Unmistakeable Design, Unmatched Performance. Real Trucks Rattle

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|

They are awesome Eric. Mine runs like a top. I don't know why but in 1986 they put a remanufactured motor in my truck. It's the same as the original though. Vinny

Maybe they didn't have anything better to do at the time?

Uncle Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Isn't that what you do at the shop? Just go pick a body panel at random and replace it for the practice?

Been a very long time since I've done it for practice; but never can be too good I suppose.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

No I dont think so.

Then why else would they replace the engine?

Uncle Rob

Prolly beat it pretty bad since it was a rental truck.

I'd wager it was replaced due to being worn out. Not necessarily "beaten" or anything abusive although trucks do have a hard life. Engine rebuilds and swaps used to be very cost effective and one would be able to run the truck until "used up" with constant freshening, and maintenance. Now with age limitations, damned near 0% financing, compounded by electronics, emmisions, and their gremlins, trucks have become a throw away item also as too expensive to run many years till they are again, "used up".

I think citing your truck remains intact, says it was not "beaten" to badly. Obviously it was maintained. A rebuilt, or reman engine is a very large plus especially to us cheap assed collectors including myself.

Uncle Rob

I'd wager it was replaced due to being worn out. Not necessarily "beaten" or anything abusive although trucks do have a hard life. Engine rebuilds and swaps used to be very cost effective and one would be able to run the truck until "used up" with constant freshening, and maintenance. Now with age limitations, damned near 0% financing, compounded by electronics, emmisions, and their gremlins, trucks have become a throw away item also as too expensive to run many years till they are again, "used up".

I think citing your truck remains intact, says it was not "beaten" to badly. Obviously it was maintained. A rebuilt, or reman engine is a very large plus especially to us cheap assed collectors including myself.

Uncle Rob

Thats a big reason my Papa bought it was because it runs.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

VINNIE!!!!!!!

whers yer manners boy? Y'all been having this rounabout conversation, an' not once has you introduced your new friend to your other buddy Ben, or your Uncle Rob.

damnkidsdon'tshownorespectno more.damnshaneitellya. damnshame

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

VINNIE!!!!!!!

whers yer manners boy? Y'all been having this rounabout conversation, an' not once has you introduced your new friend to your other buddy Ben, or your Uncle Rob.

damnkidsdon'tshownorespectno more.damnshaneitellya. damnshame

Opps. Sorry Hat. Well Eric let me introduce you to my friend Ben who I call cousin Ben. His profile name on here is JumperandSon. Then there is my friend Rob, who wants me and my friend Ben to call him Uncle Rob. And Eric, dont worry people make fun of me all the time for my love of lopsided U models, so if anybody gives you any crap Eric, you talk to me.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Thats more like it.

Now Eric, tell you about "Uncle Rob"

He's full of good advice and suggestions, like a Dutch uncle.

Not sure though if he is like Uncle Ernie in Pinball Wizard,

or like Uncle Roy from an old Saturday Nite Live episode

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian