Looking for a buckeye roto ray

mack31

You will find them on Ebay every great once in a while.

I know where one is for sale right now, but it is in the $1000.00 range. Interested?

If not your best bet is to go to a fire oriented flea market such as the spring melt in Allentown or the annual SPAAMFAA meet being held in Frankenmuth, MI this July. There were three or four at the spring melt this year.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Here is a link:

http://dcaptain.com/...nraylights.html

Neat stuff, kinda pricey.

Love to find an old round top for my B model. Not that I need it, but would be period correct.

Larry - Thanks for the link, I am glad to now know what the heck a Buckeye roto ray is and since you solved if for me, I did not have to ask and have everyone think I am stupid.

Oh......wait................

I kinda wondered what he asked for, then it struck me as I've poked around trying to find an old school light for my truck. I've got a nice 4bulb unit, but it's too new looking for me. I want a round top model. Unfortunately they get GOOD money for these old lights.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Contact Bob Adams Sr at Adams Fire Protection in Ridley Park, Pa. I know he has one for sale right now, 12V, in mint condition, I think he wants $900 for it. Tell him Yardo from the Warminster Navy Base sent you.

That is one of the lights that were at the spring melt. Nice light, good price. It is a "fast" spinner, but that can be corrected by reversing the internal gear.

Larry - Thanks for the link, I am glad to now know what the heck a Buckeye roto ray is and since you solved if for me, I did not have to ask and have everyone think I am stupid.

Check out my post about getting my truck back from the gold leafer. The light on top behind the driver's seat is a Buckeye Roto-Ray. Buckeye refers to the manufacturer as opposed to the modern Roto-Rays made by Richard Slepetz in Herndon, VA.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!