Yes, I took them. There are several more if you would like to see them. I was in downtown Billings last week at the offices of the Bureau of Reclamation looking for photos of the LJSW. No luck but I had some time so decided to drive around. Every where I went, I found lots of vehicles, both antique and modern, of interest. And, yes, Custer was a bit of a dumb ass. They were caught right out in the open outnumbered more than 10 to 1. Rather than trying to get to a nearby river bank, they shot their horses to use as shields. By the way, that V8 RL700 was plated so I would think that they use it from time to time.

John

Yes, I took them. There are several more if you would like to see them. I was in downtown Billings last week at the offices of the Bureau of Reclamation looking for photos of the LJSW. No luck but I had some time so decided to drive around. Every where I went, I found lots of vehicles, both antique and modern, of interest. And, yes, Custer was a bit of a dumb ass. They were caught right out in the open outnumbered more than 10 to 1. Rather than trying to get to a nearby river bank, they shot their horses to use as shields. By the way, that V8 RL700 was plated so I would think that they use it from time to time.

John

Send more pics!

Is that a older concrete pump on the RL700 or a bridge snooper?

I have always wanted to see where Custer screwed up - it is on my bucket list. I checked off Glacier National Park a few years ago and really liked the folks in Montana.

Which of the oversize loads were you hauling?

Fun to finally see some pics on here that I didnt post near (well kind of near me) me. lol Looks like you had a good trip.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Great pictures!!! I like the DM because it looks to be a 1975, 1976 or 1977 judging by the mirror bracket hooked to the air cleaner. Ive looked at so many U's I can tell what years they range in by the mirror bracket. As you can see that mirror bracket on that DM is like my U models, and my U is a 1975.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Some nice pictures for sure! thanks for posting, been a LONG time since i've seen a "Donald Duck" International,don't recall ever seeing one with a sleeper.................................Mark

post-5836-0-74494400-1336238223.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Awesome bunch of photos'. I have always wanted to see MT. The wife and I looked into moving there 20 years ago but she decided it was to far from her family.....not to far for me.

Great pictures John, excellent kodiakatronomy, thank you. And of all the places i've ever been, every state in the lower 48 except Oregon, Montana was my favorite, it's just a beautiful place.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Great pictures John, excellent kodiakatronomy, thank you. And of all the places i've ever been, every state in the lower 48 except Oregon, Montana was my favorite, it's just a beautiful place.

That one you live in is very nice but you have to go a bit west to escape.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That one you live in is very nice but you have to go a bit west to escape.

Rob

it is, you got everything from mountains to the beach, but the part ...oh, roughly north of I-64 and east of I-81 is like a different world. If I were king i'd just give that part to Rhode Island, or Delaware, or whoever wanted it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.