Hope this isn't a western Star trend

41chevy

Thee were both at the Western Star display at the 2012 Truck World show in Toronto. A good friend sent them to me seeing as I want a full set of Bandag Whites for my mixer. Paul

post-3242-0-07915800-1335839761_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-08194400-1335839784_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Don't forget the curb feelers!

And Static Straps!! Chain steering wheel, white fur dash cover, dingleberry's hanging from the overhead, bobblehead dog with individual lighted eyes to indicate turn signal actuation.........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I know I am kind of "secluded" out here in B.F.E. so please fill me in on static straps. What the hell are they?

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I know I am kind of "secluded" out here in B.F.E. so please fill me in on static straps. What the hell are they?

They were a couple of steel and rubber straps that were bolted to the rear bumpers of cars, (Cadillac, Lincoln, Chrysler) mostly and dragged the ground.

It was a 60's and 70's thing.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

They were a couple of steel and rubber straps that were bolted to the rear bumpers of cars, (Cadillac, Lincoln, Chrysler) mostly and dragged the ground.

It was a 60's and 70's thing.

Rob

Also used to see them on gas tankers.

And Static Straps!! Chain steering wheel, white fur dash cover, dingleberry's hanging from the overhead, bobblehead dog with individual lighted eyes to indicate turn signal actuation.........

Rob

I couldn't find a video, but that reminded me of Chico and the Man:

"Now if jou don' mind I gotta wash my uncle's '64 Chevy with poms poms on the antenna, celophane seat covers, and a little dog in the back window with the head keeps going up and down!"

Jim

Also used to see them on gas tankers.

My grandpa had them on his tanker hauling gasoline during the war. That is probably where they started from on the cars.

Rob

My grandpa had them on his tanker hauling gasoline during the war. That is probably where they started from on the cars.

Rob

Must be like the 2 or so feet of chain that you see on combines rear axles that drag on the ground to prevent any dust explosions.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

What ever happened to this thing?

post-99-0-03789500-1335875554.jpg

David,can't remember where i read the article,but i believe this one,and a handfull of other "show trucks" are in the hands of a private collector somewhere in the midwest,this one,the one that pulled the reefer with the frozen whale inside,the "Boss truck" the Bandag bandit, the "super boss"and there was also a cabover freightliner with an alllison aircraft engine if i remember right....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

What ever happened to this thing?

post-99-0-03789500-1335875554.jpg

It went to this and ended up in the last photo now

Ty2fff-vi.jpg

Burned_Boss_Truck_2-vi.jpg

BosstruckofAmerica9-vi.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Funny, those sleepr cabs remind me of a row of portable toilets, huh, huh... But it's easy to have fun criticising - somebody put a lot of work in it. Granted, a work that could be put to better use elsewhere, but the same thing could be said about our writing here :D Keep it up, have a nice day

Paweł

• Like 2

Funny, those sleepr cabs remind me of a row of portable toilets, huh, huh... But it's easy to have fun criticising - somebody put a lot of work in it. Granted, a work that could be put to better use elsewhere, but the same thing could be said about our writing here :D Keep it up, have a nice day

Paweł

Tyrone Malone and Bandag had a dozen race and show trucks when trucks were just working units, the building fire took out a 1/2 dozen of their trucks. A side from this shell three complete units exist at this moment

The Hide Out Truck, Defiance and Hurricane I.

Hideouttruck45-vi.jpg

Defiance-vi.jpg

100_2277-vi.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE

Not with that one!!! If I ever did.

Hee Hee. That photo with the "girl" was taken in 1976 for Over Drive Mag I'm sure 36 years late she looks like this.

post-3242-0-03520900-1336924639_thumb.jp

P.T.CHESHIRE