No left brake light

The right brake light works when I press the pedal and both rear turn signals operate correctly, but the left rear brake won't light. It's the same bulb and wire as the left turn signal.

I vote turn signal switch as well. I hope your style is not the kind that you have to remove the steering wheel to change the turn signal switch. I really liked the days of the old flat dash CH's where you could change the TS switch in under a minute with the right size torx screwdriver.

I vote turn signal switch as well. I hope your style is not the kind that you have to remove the steering wheel to change the turn signal switch. I really liked the days of the old flat dash CH's where you could change the TS switch in under a minute with the right size torx screwdriver.

Like the 500, and 900 series "Signal-Stat"?

Simple and effective.

I think it's the switch also.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

switch the bulbs from one side to the other and see if the other side works, if it does, it's the bulb. 1157 bulb? if it doesn't it could be the contacts under the bulb, the two leaded bumps are dirty, on the bulb or the socket, or the spring that pushes them on the bulb is stuck with rust, spray some wd in there and poke at it with a screw driver and see if it moves. the 1157 has two filiments in each bulb, so one can be good and one bad.

switch the bulbs from one side to the other and see if the other side works, if it does, it's the bulb. 1157 bulb? if it doesn't it could be the contacts under the bulb, the two leaded bumps are dirty, on the bulb or the socket, or the spring that pushes them on the bulb is stuck with rust, spray some wd in there and poke at it with a screw driver and see if it moves. the 1157 has two filiments in each bulb, so one can be good and one bad.

Ok Lucerne, looks like you get my vote. This is going to be an interesting fix.

mike

I'm positive it is not the bulbs and it only uses the sealed 3 prong bulb style anyway. I'll check the turn signal switch. The truck has been sitting so maybe the contacts are corroded. Thanks for the help.

My vote too , it's at least worth a shot and simple ... Try it ?