Drawings, paintings, what have you?

E9V8

Vinny's recent post of his drawings prompted me to do some digging in the closet. Looking back over 30 years revealed some rather hilarious attempts at drawing things that resemble trucks and a few that I'm moderately proud of.

From 1980..... when I was 11 years old:

1980F001.jpg

Not more than a few years later:

Rmodelgarage001.jpg

Fast forward to 1996:

brocknose001.jpg

A "T-T" bike from about the same time period:

scooter001.jpg

An incomplete extended-hood Superliner heavy-hauler (1750hp of 3416 DITA Cat power?):

V16Superdog001.jpg

There's also a few MS Paint "drawings" from the 'puter age:

3116f8fb.jpg

3d547253.jpg

a186f168.jpg

Pro Street '72 Ford F-100:

64afabdb.jpg

I also drew this "hot rod" Wheel Horse........

wickedwhitewalls-1.jpg

and when a few of the guys at the Wheel Horse forum saw it, they coaxed me into building it for real:

DT062308008.jpg

Feel free to dust off your old drawings & get them up here for the rest of us to see!

• Like 1

Terry

Julian, PA

Almost forgot this re-Paint.......

"Barry's" R model hot rod ~ "cartoon engine" removed, hood stretched to R-700 length, old-style grille, big bumper/no guard, and generally "cleaned up" :

R700rod.png

Terry

Julian, PA

I have some handmade Mack models I've done over the years I could post, never did much drawing. Pjaul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Those are really good! We can see how you improved with age!

I never really noticed that you are into Wheel Horse lawn mowers - I was at a auction last week where they sold two older ones. They brought more than the newer other brand tractors did - one of them had a badass hydraulic driven tiller on the back and a chrome exhaust that looked factory.

Thanks for posting the drawings ----

C'mon, now that you brought it up, you have to post photos!

O.K. here is a few of a few hundred. Built by me over 35 years

lf1.jpg

h6.jpg

w71a-1.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

c3.jpg

mk6.jpg

d3.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Almost forgot this re-Paint.......

"Barry's" R model hot rod ~ "cartoon engine" removed, hood stretched to R-700 length, old-style grille, big bumper/no guard, and generally "cleaned up" :

R700rod.png

I like it better with the Detroit in it but this version looks very good though. I'll post some pics of my drawings tomarrow.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Those are cool 41chevy!!! Do you have any U model models you built? Can you post pictures of all them Sidewinders?

I have one almost U that I built in the late 70's, no quite correct but looks okay to me. I post up tomorrow for you. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Ben, there are B model cabs available for scale builders. Check out Ebay.

Back about 4 yrs ago, I frequented a scale truck builders forum(R/C stuff) and there is a guy in NJ that builds all kinds of unique stuff. He scratch built a B and R model cabs. Never saw them in person, they looked very well done. Maybe not "perfect", but nice.

Here's a link to one of the posts:

http://www.mwmodeltrucking.com/forum/search.php?keywords=mack&terms=all&author=*joe*&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

here's a website someone sent me: Rubber duck model:

http://www93.sakura.ne.jp/~time-tunnel/mack-13.html

Terry, I have a full size version of that ol bumpside Ford truck:

HONats06b.jpg

Not quite the full blown "race" version you did, but close as I'll get it.

I made a nice Autocad drawing of it many, many years ago and not sure if I still have the file. I think I kept a printed version at home. Nothing quite like yours, but just simple 2d version.

I had dreams 20+ yrs ago of taking my '66 Cub cadet and putting a Ford 302/automatic in it. Tough old tractors with nice frames for that kind of work.

Nice work!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Wow those are good. Like the Super dog and that R. But all those drawings are great. That Wheel horse looks bad ass.

41 Chevy are those kits or did you make them from scratch? Those are great

They are a combination of kit parts Resin parts and alot of scratch building. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Here is the B61 for Ben and the U (almost) for Vinny and a R410 for Doug.

b1.jpg

UMODEL2.jpg

UMODEL6.jpg

r4003.jpg

r4009.jpg

r4005.jpg

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

Here is the B61 for Ben and the U (almost) for Vinny and a R410 for Doug.

b1.jpg

UMODEL2.jpg

UMODEL6.jpg

r4003.jpg

r4009.jpg

r4005.jpg

Sweet!!! I love that U, you did a good job!! Are these kits? Id love to have a U model kit, any U model kit. I knowthe rubber duck model is actually a U model not a R model. Ive seen them on ebay but they are really expensive.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Vinny' the U that I made is a mix of bits and pieces from a Cruiseliner, a R685 and a DM600. The rear and springs are from my parts box. The rest is scratch built. Its probably the only close to true U model around. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE