Covered bridge

Olivetroad

Neat ole bridge! I dont think there are any covered bridges in Montana.

HG - Don't feel bad, that is one of only four in Missouri. Folks in Montana did not want to cover their bridges as it shuts off the view of the BIG SKY.

HG - Don't feel bad, that is one of only four in Missouri. Folks in Montana did not want to cover their bridges as it shuts off the view of the BIG SKY.

23 covered bridges in my county. I used to cross one every day when I drove for Shuster's.

Jim

That would be a good place to hone your wide-load driving skills.

Hmm....I just pee'd after reading another one of your posts, and now I have to go again. :idunno:

I am here just to help you guys remember to pee outside of your pants.

I pulled home a field cultivator today that was 19.5 feet wide - I need to go lay down for an hour and collect my thoughts. There sure were a lot of folks on the way home that liked to wave at me with their middle finger - is that some new cool thing?

I pulled home a field cultivator today that was 19.5 feet wide - I need to go lay down for an hour and collect my thoughts. There sure were a lot of folks on the way home that liked to wave at me with their middle finger - is that some new cool thing?

Don't you worry any Olive. It is just the new Hawaiian Peace Sign. Everybody is doing it these days. My finger has had author for years and it stays that way.

mike

What no pics lol.

Neat ole bridge! I dont think there are any covered bridges in Montana.

Cant think of any covered bridges,but i have seen a SHITPOT of old flatcars used as bridges in Montana,got a good friend who lives in Great Falls,he says its pretty common...........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 4 weeks later...

Here are two photos I took of the Bartonsville covered bridge about 2 hours before it was swept away by flood waters from hurricane Irene 8/28/2011. Built in 1870 and 151 feet long it was completely destroyed except the lattice trusses which were 1/2 mile down river. Bartonsville is between Rockingham and Chester which is in the middle of southern Vermont. The amount of water and the damage you would not believe until you actually have seen it. I have more photos next post (file to large).

FW

post-146-0-68303400-1336956717_thumb.jpg

post-146-0-68863700-1336956760_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Looking up stream from the bridge about 11:15 AM, the river rose to about 2 feet from the bridge and by 3:PM it was carried away. There is a Youtube video of it.The second photo is about 15 miles up river, and at the crest the water was 2 feet over the this bridge deck.

More to follow,

FW

post-146-0-49556800-1336958508_thumb.jpg

post-146-0-36513400-1336958546_thumb.jpg

Looking up stream from the bridge about 11:15 AM, the river rose to about 2 feet from the bridge and by 3:PM it was carried away. There is a Youtube video of it.The second photo is about 15 miles up river, and at the crest the water was 2 feet over the this bridge deck.

More to follow,

FW

post-146-0-49556800-1336958508_thumb.jpg

post-146-0-36513400-1336958546_thumb.jpg

Wow, ive actually watched the video I think.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

The road closed for about 3 months until a temporary bridge was put in. They are now cleaning up the old bridge and debis now. Most flood relief work stopped one week befor Christmas and started up about one month ago.

More to follow,

FW

I passed through the Woodstock/Bridgewater area on Route 4 in December and there was still damage along the road. It was amazing how much damage

Hurricane Irene inflicted on Vermont; there were towns completely cut off and supplies had to be airlifted in by NH National Guard helicopters.

bulldogboy

Hope to see a Timber Framers school do a rebuild of it.

We got away lucky on the end of the island with Irene. We have had an Airliner blow up 2 miles from home (flight 800) an Avianca Airliner hit a hill side and a restored P 40 go down off the beach (pilot had a heart attack) and 3 big wild fires.......Still rather just have the storm, at least you have alittle control.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Hope to see a Timber Framers school do a rebuild of it.

We got away lucky on the end of the island with Irene. We have had an Airliner blow up 2 miles from home (flight 800) an Avianca Airliner hit a hill side and a restored P 40 go down off the beach (pilot had a heart attack) and 3 big wild fires.......Still rather just have the storm, at least you have alittle control.

Warning-you get some warning. Tornadoes just appear, planes fall from the sky. Usually the NOAA people give some warning.

Might be wrong area, but at least it got your attention

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian