Baseball

umodelnut

Hey Guys, im playing baseball this year again. I always have since I was little. Last year they had me on first base because im left handed. This year they tried me out for pitching, they said I was awesome!!! They couldnt believe how well I did for my first time. Im still playing first base still though. The only thing I dont like about baseball is bating. Im afraid of getting hit and I always back out of the box. Last year I got hit by the the second fastest pitcher. I didnt play for half the game, because I couldnt breath half the game.also the coach asked me what number we wanted to be. I said 75, because thats the year of my Sidewinder.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I never was never into boy scouts, we have 4-H around here but I have no idea what it is. I also work on various vehicles too Cousin Ben.

That's what a lot of kids say. You should ask somebody about your local 4-H clubs. There's a lot of really awesome things other than just animals. There's rocketry, woodworking, Travelall, and other cool stuff you would like. The next time you see somebody that's in 4-H, you should ask them about it.

Cousin Ben

• Like 1
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

My favorite game, I just coached a winter league. My boy is 11 and he catches. He was on the little league all stars last year and they came real close to winning state. You really have to get over being hit and take controll of the batters box, that is your space, put it to good use. Ever been running,fell and scraped your knee? Did you give up running. Or bang your hand wrenching on a truck and gave the truck away? Same thing. Very seldom do you get hit. If you keep your eye on the ball you will see were it's going in plenty of time, thats how you get good hits. You must have a good eye and a strong arm if you pitch.

• Like 1

Aww Vinny, just think of it this way, if he hits you, your just taking one for the team! You get a free base! Now dont go jumping out over the plate just to get on base though! Hang in there and smack that ball,,,or let it smack you,,,,randyp

• Like 2

Hey Guys, im playing baseball this year again. I always have since I was little. Last year they had me on first base because im left handed. This year they tried me out for pitching, they said I was awesome!!! They couldnt believe how well I did for my first time. Im still playing first base still though. The only thing I dont like about baseball is bating. Im afraid of getting hit and I always back out of the box. Last year I got hit by the the second fastest pitcher. I didnt play for half the game, because I couldnt breath half the game.also the coach asked me what number we wanted to be. I said 75, because thats the year of my Sidewinder.

Back in grade school I was playing soft ball and was right field. I was too busy BS'n with my friend (who was center) to notice a classmate hit the ball in my direction. It was a good hit and smacked me square in the side of my head. Didn't have a helmet on, we weren't required to wear one as it was a catholic school gym class, they weren't concerned about law suits then. I went blind for about 10 - 15 seconds and was disoriented but my vision returned and I didn't really feel anything. Kept on playing and I never felt any pain or had a headache. But to this day I still think I feel something every now and then on that side of my head, like it did dome brain damage lol. Maybe that's why I am on this site :tease:

OK, ill try to do that stuff. I will try to ask somebody who is in 4-H about it too. If your wondering why im not in school, its because I have to skip it to go get X-rays for my braces in my mouth.

Have fun with the braces, I had top and bottom for years along with a bunch of other metal in my mouth to keep everything strait. Its not all bad but one piece of advice: WEAR THE RETAINER after the braces come off! I said screw this and threw mine out. Now I have a crooked tooth in the front of my mouth, thankfully its a lower incisor otherwise it would be more noticeable. Annoying to look at and always gets yellowy because its tough to brush in the gap. I wish I had never thrown that thing out.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Have fun with the braces, I had top and bottom for years along with a bunch of other metal in my mouth to keep everything strait. Its not all bad but one piece of advice: WEAR THE RETAINER after the braces come off! I said screw this and threw mine out. Now I have a crooked tooth in the front of my mouth, thankfully its a lower incisor otherwise it would be more noticeable. Annoying to look at and always gets yellowy because its tough to brush in the gap. I wish I had never thrown that thing out.

I've had mine for about 2 years now and I'll be getting them off soon. I'll be sure to wear my retainer.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Vin, baseball, trucking, getting woman it all requires the same. Patience and a lot of practice. The kid on the pitchers mound is as nervous as you are. Keep your eye on the ball, chip up and swing through....

Pete

• Like 1

just get out on that mound ,,,big boy,,and make it happen,,,i was also a pitcher in the little league 65-69...wish i woulda kept it up,lost interest back then,,now im kicking myself..,love the game though,,cant get enough of it,,on TV...bob

Thanks guys. I dont know if I told you this but I am left handed at everything. My cousin Eric said they need more left handed pitchers, he is left handed too.

im also south paw,,,getting ready to drive to san diego,,for vacation,,,cant wait.woohoo...bob :tease::twothumbsup::blah:

just get out on that mound ,,,big boy,,and make it happen,,,i was also a pitcher in the little league 65-69...wish i woulda kept it up,lost interest back then,,now im kicking myself..,love the game though,,cant get enough of it,,on TV...bob

Sorry, but I would rather watch paint dry than watch Baseball on TV

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian