U model question

The question is adressed mostly to Vinny:

You are so active around your nice red'n'black 2-axler so I came in interest of.

So please ask me (or anybody else) an easy question.

Maybe I'm terrible Mack-educated in my "snow-jungle wild country", but

What is the difference between the U model and the DM ?

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Doesn't it depends upon number of axles?

I saw DMs most (or all) with three.

Well, sometimes. Mostly DM's would have had three rear axles. All the DM's ive seen in person had tandem rears. Ive onlt see triple rears in a DM in books. I dont know if they made U's with three axles, because ive only seen one, and it didnt look original at all. DM's also had a thicker heavier built frame than the U models.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Could I think the U is the R but with an off-set cab?

Or is the R like the U with mid-mounted?

What of this models came into production earlier?

I'm educating on Macks from 1986 though in info vacuum. Only border's opening and internet made me happy in my best hobby.

Could I think the U is the R but with an off-set cab?

Or is the R like the U with mid-mounted?

What of this models came into production earlier?

I'm educating on Macks from 1986 though in info vacuum. Only border's opening and internet made me happy in my best hobby.

In a Mack book it said, the U model was an offshoot of the R model, so I gues you could say the U is the R with an offset cab. Do you mean what U models came to production first? U models started in 1964, so the U401, U410, U607, U609, U615, and the U640, all started production the first year U models came out which was in 1964. Dang, im going to consider myself a Mackologist. You know like a guy (for me 12 year old kid) who studies Macks.

I don't tell I know everything though there are few people in Russia who has knowelege of a same level.

How do you like a country of 150 million people but with 15-20 Mack trucks on roads in 80's - 90's excepting 1-2 hundred Visions imported during the end of 90's and 2000's.

I can count all Mack trucks by my fingers in the capital of the country where 12 000 000 people are at the moment.

Does it mean an off-set cab came into production earlier then middle-mounted ?

It seems to me as a strange fact.

I wonder if Mack felt the need to replace the C model and the cramped B67 w/ concave cab was more urgent than replacing the other models in the B series that were huge sellers.

Jim

They had.

I agree Green Dash here as the U was a replacement of so specific C-model. Suppose they both have good road-view conditions.

To complete a theme - what is the year of the DM production start ?

i thought U ,DM,AND R..all started in sept 65...but some guys will argue with that,,they tell me U started in 64,,but ive never seen one,,and ive been a mack fan since 68,,,and owned 5 of them...bob

Right after my first B model burnt,I answered an ad for a 1964 Mack,owner said it was green and had 2 shifters.Went to look and it was a U model.U609ST1007 or 17 if I remember right,been 27 years ago.Hindsight being 20/20,I should have bought it,as it was good shape,but that's another story.

Right after my first B model burnt,I answered an ad for a 1964 Mack,owner said it was green and had 2 shifters.Went to look and it was a U model.U609ST1007 or 17 if I remember right,been 27 years ago.Hindsight being 20/20,I should have bought it,as it was good shape,but that's another story.

What????? Dang!!!! You never told me that one MIke!!! Do you know where that U is now?