An Invitation

sampat

:SMOKIE-RT: About 3hrs around the lake for me. I'll keep it in mind. Bet my dad would like to go too,he cut his teeth on alot of that kinda stuff, but he's never went and got his Passport to come over, so my brothers and friends and I been going to event in the US for a few years without him now. I'll be going to Sealmaster in Sandusky inthe next couple of weeks to pick up a truck I left there last week. Too bad we could'nt postpone that trip till then and have a mini vacation 30 miles south of home. Is the annual HCEA show in Bowling Green this year?

Been going to that show for many years. The NEO chapter of ATHS has our monthly meeting and bring lots of trucks for display purposes. Larry Kotkowski is an ATHS member and owns Lakeside.

Very cool show, lots of noise/smoke. More then dozen cable shovels, half dozen Euclid type dumps moving around. Food, tours of the grounds. Bring the family. I should be be there, look me up.

Sorry Vinny, no U models. Too new for this show LOL!!!

Here are some random shots I have from years past.

SDC10274.jpg

SDC10270.jpg

SDC10266.jpg

SDC10871.jpg

SDC10878.jpg

SDC10880.jpg

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Been going to that show for many years. The NEO chapter of ATHS has our monthly meeting and bring lots of trucks for display purposes. Larry Kotkowski is an ATHS member and owns Lakeside.

Very cool show, lots of noise/smoke. More then dozen cable shovels, half dozen Euclid type dumps moving around. Food, tours of the grounds. Bring the family. I should be be there, look me up.

SDC10274.jpg

SDC10270.jpg

SDC10266.jpg

SDC10871.jpg

SDC10878.jpg

SDC10880.jpg

Here are some random shots I have from years past.

SDC10274.jpg

SDC10270.jpg

SDC10266.jpg

SDC10871.jpg

SDC10878.jpg

SDC10880.jpg

wow,,,havent seen a cable shovel,,since i was a kid,,in the middle 60,s

Well, Bob, every year Larry get ANOTHER one restored and takes it out to play in the dirt. Nothing is sacred. Notice the old Ford T dump getting all banged up?

Throw in a few draglines too:

SDC10875.jpg

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

larry the more i think about it we have met before last yearish the NEO chapter meeting at the train museum in mentor i think i ate lunch across the table from you. sorry vinny no U models think there is a DM hanging round somewhere along with a LJ. its been a few years sence i have made it to the show been out west the past 3 but i worked there all through high school and am back working there putting the their second plant together hope to see a few of you there

that is a 1ffd euclid powered by 2 6-71 gm diesel engines with allison powershift 3 speed i think one engine to power each axel. if you go on youtube there is a video of it pulling at a local ox roast my dad is driving.

i think my brother is driving this one now down the haul road

I see Larry's B Model in the background. It just amazes me that these kinds of events are out their some place. I think this is great. Only concern is how rare these machines are and in hopes of getting the parts to keep them running. I'd like to see this kind of events in my area of the country. Just wonder if there is enough interest down here?

Keep up the good work.

mike

100_6173.JPG

if you look at the 2 pueuclid green machine on the pad there a loader and a push dozer the loader is 1 of 2 prototypes and the push dozer is 1 of 1 prototypes needlees to say we dont work them much incase something brakes. most other machines we can make parts or shoehorn something to work curently working on a few cranes a 26 northwest and 29 korehing probably one in a very few left serviving or maybe the last but thats why we try to keep them