Anybody Know Where This Is?

I found this on google images. He says its a 75' U model. It resembles what my U model looked like, so since its a 75' like mine, it could be a close serial number to mine!!! It says Laureldale on the tanker and the truck, and if you zoom in on the licence plate, I think it looks like a Pennsylvania plate. Does anybody go by here or know where it is so I can get the serial number off it? Thanks, Vinny.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Look on the front fender says Hamilton Township 18-3

The building on the site is the same place and same code call out. Paul

http://www.laureldal....com/index.html

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Vin, as already answered,that is Laureldale,NJ its about 30 miles southeast of where i'm originally from in Jersey..............i got a buddy thats a "volly" at a neighboring fire company,i'll see if he can get some info on it,his department does'nt have a U-model,buthey they do have a pretty nice R...................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Vin, as already answered,that is Laureldale,NJ its about 30 miles southeast of where i'm originally from in Jersey..............i got a buddy thats a "volly" at a neighboring fire company,i'll see if he can get some info on it,his department does'nt have a U-model,buthey they do have a pretty nice R...................................Mark

OK Mark, that would be cool if he can get me some info on that U model there. Thanks!!!

I found this on google images. He says its a 75' U model. It resembles what my U model looked like, so since its a 75' like mine, it could be a close serial number to mine!!! It says Laureldale on the tanker and the truck, and if you zoom in on the licence plate, I think it looks like a Pennsylvania plate. Does anybody go by here or know where it is so I can get the serial number off it? Thanks, Vinny.

That truck was torn up pretty good when it rolled onto it's left side.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

is that normal in some parts of the country to have a semi tanker setup?. all i have ever seen is frame mounted tankers.seems like staging would be an issue with the semi tractor.aj

In the Pine Barren Areas of Jersey and out on the Eastern end of Long Island Barrens, they are pretty common One department here has an old CF White Mountaineer and a 9000 gal tank trailer to run the fire breaks with. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I heard that happens with those U models the way they're off set. You can only turn one way or they flop over. Thats why you never see a left directional bulb burnt out in a U model.

They were bad about that. Attrition finally got the best of them and we no longer have to look at too many.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That truck was torn up pretty good when it rolled onto it's left side.

Rob

They were bad about that. Attrition finally got the best of them and we no longer have to look at too many.

Rob

I heard that happens with those U models the way they're off set. You can only turn one way or they flop over. Thats why you never see a left directional bulb burnt out in a U model.

I'm goona cry. They are not known for rolling over on the left side dammit!!!!

Is that normal in some parts of the country to have a semi tanker setup?. all i have ever seen is frame mounted tankers.seems like staging would be an issue with the semi tractor.

I have seen several in south Jersey and Delaware. Since most use converted gas tankers they are even more unsafe than most tankers. 6000 gallons of water = 50,000 pounds; 6000 gallons of gasoline = 39,000 pounds. The better ones use converted milk tankers.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

is that normal in some parts of the country to have a semi tanker setup?. all i have ever seen is frame mounted tankers.seems like staging would be an issue with the semi tractor.aj

In my area of New Hampshire back in the '70s there were several fire departments that had TT tankers pulled by Mack tractors; several of them had "U" models if

I remember correctly. These units were used tractors and trailers that were purchased cheaply and used until the departments could afford new tankers. All have

been replaced by straight trucks. The TT units were not manuverable on narrow country roads, clogged up the tanker shuttle, and departments did not have a lot

of licensed TT drivers. Unfortunately, I have not seen any pictures of these trucks even on the department websites.

The problem with converted milk tankers is that their tanks are not baffled. This causes the water to slosh around in the tank which may lead to loss of control.

Modern fire tankers have baffled tanks. As long as drivers are aware of the unbaffled tank and drive accordingly the response should be okay.

bulldogboy