Seagrave question

dcc kaiser

Realizing there are other rigs out there in addition to Mack, I have purchased a 1969 Seagrave rear mount ladder truck, a former Collingdale #1 truck. The owner has provided me with 2 numbers so I can get it on my insurance for the ride home.

R4511 and SR20756

Anyone familiar with Seagrave know which one is the registration number?

Realizing there are other rigs out there in addition to Mack, I have purchased a 1969 Seagrave rear mount ladder truck, a former Collingdale #1 truck. The owner has provided me with 2 numbers so I can get it on my insurance for the ride home.

R4511 and SR20756

I googled Seagrave an got ahold of there office in NC, they tell me that the 5 diget # is the vin and the 4 diget is the model #

BULLHUSK PS if you google Seagrave there site comes up with parts and service and a contact number for restoring older trucks

George,

I don't know anything about Seagraves, but congratulations. So you're rebuilding the Collingdale Reserve Fire Company. Now you have to restore the Ford. Are you and your Father coming to my house on Saturday?

Michael

Yep Michael, we'll be there on Saturday. We've been doing bits and pieces on the Ford, mostly interior cab stuff. And yeah, we're scooping up the former Collingdale rigs. I did find out the 52 Mack A Model that went to Hellam, Pa after it was replaced by this Seagrave went to Colorado around 1995, so that'll probably not be back.

>>>As a side not to anyone, I have no idea how to put a picture on. Any Help??<<<

George,

Go down to "More Reply Options"(right lower corner). Then go down to the left lower corner by the paper clip and and sected "Choose Files...". Pick the file you want and click on "open" or something like that.

See you Saturday.

Michael

post-7810-0-11384300-1332949229_thumb.jp

Here is a screen shot of what you should see...

Click the choose files button, a window pops up to let you select a file from your computer Click Open...

Two things might prevent it, if the picture is to large, or the files size too big! Otherwise it should work...

Once it is uploaded, click the add to post click Add Reply button and viola!

post-6773-0-49468900-1332982112_thumb.jp

I did find out the 52 Mack A Model that went to Hellam, Pa

Any idea what type it was? 75A, 505A, etc.?

To post pics go to "more reply options" in lower right of "reply to this topic" at the bottom of this screen you will find a section labeled "attach files" click on the "browse" command to find the location of the picture you wish to post on your computer. Once the picture is "found" you than click on the "attach this file" at the very bottom of the page. The picture will load with a "add to post" or "delete" next to it. If you wish to post the picture click on "add to post". When you have added the pictures you wish to post click on "preview post" to make sure the pics will appear as you want them to. When you are satisfied with the results click "add reply"

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 3 weeks later...

R4511 is the Seagrave serial number, SR20756 is the model #. I see you bought the truck from Patrick, he didnt have it too long! good to see its coming home!

R4511 and SR20756

Hey George, if you ever call out to FWD/Seagrave for info/factory files on your truck, you will be connected to a woman named Molly in the parts department. She is a cranky old carmudgeon of a bitch. I envision her as a 300 pound load who has to sit on 2 desk chairs and any attempt to get her off of them (and the four doughnuts out of her mouth); like a request for her to pull your factory file will only result in her becoming annoyed that she has to drag her fat ass off of those two chairs. But I could be wrong, I am stereotyping but thats what she sounds like on the phone. She will give you any and all excuses to get you to stop bothering her and removing her from more important work (presumably studying menus from local take-out places for todays lunch order.....) Her greatest ploy which she has pulled on several people that I know will be to tell you she needs the factory sales order number- because thats how the files are stored. I happen to know for a fact that is wrong. She will also tell you that you have to send in $75.00 before she will pull the file- yes FWD/Seagrave does advertise a $75 cost for your file, but I am told that they will tell you first what is in it before they will reproduce it- which she will not tell you- she tells you that you have to send the money before she pulls the file- even if the only thing in your file is moths and dust.

Just a heads up. Good luck!!!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS