What farmers do to U models

My old lime/fertilizer truck is down and out - heading for the scrap yard (it was a ford so don't cry)

There is an auction coming up in southern Illinois that is selling this:

post-6658-0-28293300-1331560555_thumb.jp

I am going to go see what it brings - at least make the other guy pay more

I hope Vinny shows up

Talk about your MONSTER TRUCK! A local guy that shows up to the Southern Wis. Chapter-ATHS Show in Richland Center, Wis. has an R 400 set up like that. They definetly look cool!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I have been looking for a better lime truck for some time. I have an old R model that I was going to install a bed on, but hopefully this one will be cheap enough for this tightwad so I don't have to build it myself.

I just hope it has a aux gearbox so it will handle those tires

There used to be a bunch of Macks around here set up like that,R's,U's,DM's,even MB's and F models.Now everything you see are Terra-gators,etc,no trucks conversions anymore.The guy I bought my first F model from had a pair of F model floaters,they had triplexes with 4th and 5th gear blocked out.Wish I would've took more pics when I was younger.

yeah but if you go fast enough everything flies off lol.

When loaded you don't want to go over 45mph with those tires. I've seen and repaired the aftermath.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

When loaded you don't want to go over 45mph with those tires. I've seen and repaired the aftermath.

Rob

Yeah but hell you only 15 or so. I know I start flinging crap out of my tires before I get out of Low range

Yeah but hell you only 15 or so. I know I start flinging crap out of my tires before I get out of Low range

We have a lot of them exploded around here in the spring and fall seasons. They run wide open down the road both loaded and empty.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.