Dealing with insurance cos.

41chevy

Got a check today for my accident to settle up on my R model with a letter explaining the payment. Called my agent and than drove there to return the check. I now see that the insurance companies live in their own world.

The Suffolk County Sheriffs report states I was 100% not at fault and I was hit by 3 vehicles that were being chased and it was unavoidable, and the officer is a witness! NYS DOT report said I was 100% not at fault either. Well the insurance companies determined that I was 40% at fault and settlement on my truck reflects it, also being 40% at fault in their eyes, causes my rates climb significantly for 3 years. No tickets, accidents or claims in 32 years! Now I have to push my agent to fight them and get an insurance lawyer to act as an intermediary with the NYS Insurance board. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Take the basterds to court for the other forty percent and through in another seven figures for pain and suffering, mental anguish, and trying to earn a living without a truck because they won't replace it. It might their attention.

• Like 1

Take the basterds to court for the other forty percent and through in another seven figures for pain and suffering, mental anguish, and trying to earn a living without a truck because they won't replace it. It might their attention.

Funny, thats close to what the agent said. I found out from the Sheriffs dept that 2 of the 3 kids have no insurance, one a junior license and one no license. But on the bright side of the "Hope & Change" thing , one being a child of an "undocumented citizen" they will be immune to anything done. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Ya, the insurance see it as "you were there", so it is still your fault for getting hit. If you would have been home collecting food stamps, you would have been good.

It really sucks when it takes a lawyer to just get what is duely owed to you.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

It's unfortunate that you may have to go through all this extra bs, especially when all you want to do is put this behind you and get on with your life. It does seem like the best option at this point. I hope if you go this route that it turns out to have been more than worth the extra trouble.

Insurance companies are all warm and fuzzy with their "Your in good hands" and "Like a good neighbor", until it comes time to write the check.

Jim

Don't be shy; who is the insurance company? Or are you holding the threat of going public with their name over their head so they'll pay up?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I'm still paying extra on my homeowners insurance for damage that happened to my first house 14 years ago from an ice storm. $1200.00 was the claim to fix drywall. My rates went up.. 6 years later after I sold the house and built this one, they asked if I ever made a claim? Yes 6 7 or 8 years ago. It doesn't matter, your rates will be higher. I asked how many more years I have to keep paying that 1200.00 back? they shrugged their shoulders, still paying.

I don't make claims for anything anymore. Saving it for major catastrofe only.

Isn't it crazy that we have to carry uninsured motorist. This country really isn't set up for the ones who try. Only the ones with nothing or the ones that have it all. Of course the ones that have it all can't get much out of the ones with nothing, so there you go.

Got a check today for my accident to settle up on my R model with a letter explaining the payment. Called my agent and than drove there to return the check. I now see that the insurance companies live in their own world.

The Suffolk County Sheriffs report states I was 100% not at fault and I was hit by 3 vehicles that were being chased and it was unavoidable, and the officer is a witness! NYS DOT report said I was 100% not at fault either. Well the insurance companies determined that I was 40% at fault and settlement on my truck reflects it, also being 40% at fault in their eyes, causes my rates climb significantly for 3 years. No tickets, accidents or claims in 32 years! Now I have to push my agent to fight them and get an insurance lawyer to act as an intermediary with the NYS Insurance board. Paul

This is what I did with "Crusty" just last month. Don't cash the check but inform the insurance carrier in writing you want to exercise your right for them to replace your truck. Also attached in the letter an amount that you offer to "sign a release" from them for closure, but make it high enough for negotiating room.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Maybe do some searching on Ebay or Craigslist and see if you can find something comparable for them to get for you as a replacement.

Hey, I know a guy with a bunch of R700's.............maybe can get you a deal????

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I had a pair of appraisals done when I got the carrier body installed because the truck was an '80 and because of the 90,000 original miles plus the agent suggested it. The carrier is Chubb. I'm going to remind the agent that my 2 machines, a trailer, 2 road trucks, my pick up, shop and house are all going to leave, if they don't get me squared up. I really don't need this crappola. I told momma I should park it all and retire... boy that didn't go over well.......... On the bright side I go to Middlesex Pa the end of next week and get my new Jones R 600 hood. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE