84 R Model Pull'n A Wheelie

Maxville Truck

I took these videos last fall finnally got them put together to post on break. I still didn't get a chance to stretch the frame out to get more weight on the front, that's on my agenda......Can anyone tell me when mack started using the upfront charge air cooler? This truck is a 1984 with a 2 valve 300 and a charge air cooler in the front.

The tractor in the beginning of the video if you watch closely spun out just a t the peak of the hill. And could not hold it, he did this several times throughout the days that we hauled. I was also hauling with an MR with a different style spreader box, and my 2 trucks we could load overflowing everyload!! What we are hauling out is wet sand ladden manure. Enjoy the link...

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=268127

:thumb::thumb:

I wouldn't care to try any steeper grades thought- a little weight shift to the rear and the Mack'd be sittin' on her rear, and maybe even doin' a back flip!

THe very next load the person loading didn't get the last scoop in the front and did'nt make the hill, I powered out, and had to stop about 3/4's of the way up the hill with the front end straight in the air it did not come back down until i get her flat again, pretty much had to clean my shorts out at the bottum of the pit. My intention is to add about 4 feet of frame and only move the box back about 18" that should put enough weight on the front end to keep her down.... :wacko:

My intention is to add about 4 feet of frame and only move the box back about 18" that should put enough weight on the front end to keep her down.... :wacko:

Sounds about right- 4' feet more wheelbase should move the load forward enough, and by adding that little to the end of the frame you won't have to weld/bolt together the highest stress areas like around the trunion.

• 3 weeks later...

I took these videos last fall finnally got them put together to post on break. I still didn't get a chance to stretch the frame out to get more weight on the front, that's on my agenda......Can anyone tell me when mack started using the upfront charge air cooler? This truck is a 1984 with a 2 valve 300 and a charge air cooler in the front.

The tractor in the beginning of the video if you watch closely spun out just a t the peak of the hill. And could not hold it, he did this several times throughout the days that we hauled. I was also hauling with an MR with a different style spreader box, and my 2 trucks we could load overflowing everyload!! What we are hauling out is wet sand ladden manure. Enjoy the link...

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=268127

:thumb::thumb:

Thats a great video , i love it!

• 11 months later...

You can see as it stopped backing up the front end was light. Very dangerous to move a load like that. Do you really want the whole load balanced on the tandems? Have you thought about installing a tag axle?

You'll never go wrong by doing right.

Who do you call when the lawmakers ignore the law?