Thought this was funny

lucerne tractor

I was just reading a news article about people calling the police because they see something different. Reminded me of this.

I hauled a New Cat backhoe to Ma. on a side street pretty near Boston. I had to unload on one small street and drive the backhoe up another side street to the owners home. The street I parked on, the driveways were so close it was hard not to block one. I finally found a gap between two that the trailer would fit in, so I dropped it there and then had to move the truck and the gooseneck further up the road between two more drives. As I was taking off the binders and chains, a little old lady walked by and really looked things over as she passed, before I unloaded she returned and passed by again, I said hello. I took the loader up to the end of the side street and down the owners driveway and parket it out back and then walked back to the truck. I had backed it up and connected the gooseneck when a police officer arrived. He asked if everything was OK? I said sure, whats up? He said he got a call from an elderly lady that a big truck on her street had broken in half.

Edited by lucerne tractor

I would have had to "play" with her as in let her know you didn't know what you were gonna do with the truck in two pieces like that.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I was just reading a news article about people calling the police because they see something different. Reminded me of this.

I hauled a New Cat backhoe to Ma. on a side street pretty near Boston. I had to unload on one small street and drive the backhoe up another side street to the owners home. The street I parked on, the driveways were so close it was hard not to block one. I finally found a gap between two that the trailer would fit in, so I dropped it there and then had to move the truck and the gooseneck further up the road between two more drives. As I was taking off the binders and chains, a little old lady walked by and really looked things over as she passed, before I unloaded she returned and passed by again, I said hello. I took the loader up to the end of the side street and down the owners driveway and parket it out back and then walked back to the truck. I had backed it up and connected the gooseneck when a police officer arrived. He asked if everything was OK? I said sure, whats up? He said he got a call from an elderly lady that a big truck on her street had broken in half.

Ha! That is funny - typical idiot did not bother to lower herself down to a truck drivers level and just simply ask what was going on - oh no, it is better to just call the cops?

At least you didn't do this

post-4436-0-36536200-1329349518_thumb.jp

I bought a 28 ft long van trailer that had the same thing happen to it - driver took a "short cut". It ripped the roof 3/4 of the way back. I got it home and removed the rest of the roof with the big idea of making a small open top chip trailer out of it. I just pulled it across the cow pasture and the damn thing bucked in half. I never knew how much strength in a trailer is just in the roof.

I hauled a New Cat backhoe to Ma. on a side street pretty near Boston. I had to unload on one. small street and drive the backhoe up another side street to the owners home. The street I parked on, the driveways were so close it was hard not to block one. I finally found a gap between two that the trailer would fit in, so I dropped it there and then had to move the truck. G and the gooseneck further up the road between two more drives. As I was taking off the binders and chains, a little old lady walked by and really looked things over as she passed, before I unloaded she returned and passed by again, I said hello. I took the loader up to the end of the side street and down the owners driveway and parket it out back and then walked back to the truck. I had backed it up and connected the gooseneck when a police officer arrived. He asked if everything was OK? I said sure, whats up? He said he got a call from an elderly lady that a big truck on her street had broken in half.

. Wow that is kinda funny!!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I like the sign and the flashing yellow lights right directly above the truck. 10' 7"... I notice any bridge,wire,tree because I haul tall, but anyone from a pickup bigger should feel a 10' 7" coming.

When I was in college, there was a pedestrian bridge from east campus (where several dorms were located) over the main highway to the main campus (where pretty much all of the classes were held). Every move-in or move-out day, it was great entertainment to watch the university prepare....painting the overpass where the road passed beneath it a bright yellow, with "low clearance" signs and everything. All that didn't seem to matter...because each and every time, 2 or more U-Hauls would wind up smashing the heck out of "Mom's Attic" as they tried to fit a tall truck under a short bridge....

...hope they bought the insurance. :blush:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Thought those yellow signs and flashing lights were decorations.....Maybe I better start reading them.

Thereare multiple reasons this happens. 1) On the Rio Grande and other entry points, there are yellow flashing lights and large warning signs. To the people that see them they only mean one thing.....Go like heck and don't stop.

2) At colleges and other areas frequented by the under 25 crowd, if it doesn't text you the warning in text slang its not there. Thats why the Traffic Alert signs work....looks like texting

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thereare multiple reasons this happens. 1) On the Rio Grande and other entry points, there are yellow flashing lights and large warning signs. To the people that see them they only mean one thing.....Go like heck and don't stop.

2) At colleges and other areas frequented by the under 25 crowd, if it doesn't text you the warning in text slang its not there. Thats why the Traffic Alert signs work....looks like texting

lol ur not going 2 fit lol

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I bought a 28 ft long van trailer that had the same thing happen to it - driver took a "short cut". It ripped the roof 3/4 of the way back. I got it home and removed the rest of the roof with the big idea of making a small open top chip trailer out of it. I just pulled it across the cow pasture and the damn thing bucked in half. I never knew how much strength in a trailer is just in the roof.

All the roof does is keep the top rail straight. Then the sides are the frame acting like a truss.