Antique trucks along I-55 at Heyworth

I was coming home from Valpraiso IN. yesterday and I pulled in for fuel at the Heyworth exit along I-55 and I saw these old girls parked kind of as a display in front. These may have been posted on here before, but I enjoyed looking at them.

post-6658-0-96210900-1328551561_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-65110600-1328551572_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-64305900-1328551552_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-93443800-1328551530_thumb.jp

The 190 International was a 6X6.

My little Jay-pan truck I was driving started pulling to the west when I went around Bloomington, like it wanted to head to Farmington and see Robb, but I was running late and could not stop. Momma had something waiting for me at home.......

Further south on 55 there was a strange long metal tube lookin' device on the east side of the highway, just behind the railroad tracks. It looked like it was in the process of being built. It was really long. Does anyone know what it is for?

I was coming home from Valpraiso IN. yesterday and I pulled in for fuel at the Heyworth exit along I-55 and I saw these old girls parked kind of as a display in front. These may have been posted on here before, but I enjoyed looking at them.

post-6658-0-96210900-1328551561_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-65110600-1328551572_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-64305900-1328551552_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-93443800-1328551530_thumb.jp

The 190 International was a 6X6.

My little Jay-pan truck I was driving started pulling to the west when I went around Bloomington, like it wanted to head to Farmington and see Robb, but I was running late and could not stop. Momma had something waiting for me at home.......

Further south on 55 there was a strange long metal tube lookin' device on the east side of the highway, just behind the railroad tracks. It looked like it was in the process of being built. It was really long. Does anyone know what it is for?

I seen that tube last week myself and wondered what it was for.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

well?..what was it?

Considering that she be 5 months wit child - it prolly werent what you-uns be thinkin it be

She did have me a nice thick home raised ribeye steak right off the grill - I called her when I was 5 minutes out so she could just kind of show each side of it the fire for a couple of seconds - just long enough to get the moo out of it

Wow - I really like the 6x6 R model IH.

I hate to admit it on a Mack forum, but that was my favorite as well. I just wish I had the guts to have lifted the hood to see what was in it. I did not want to fool with someones truck without asking.

I would love to have that Donald Duck IH. In 1979 my Brother and i bought a new Astro same paint scheme with 8V-92 Detroit. I totaled it along with reefer and load of apples in Montana in 1981. Joe D.

Were you hurt? I hope you sat down on the side of the road to collect your thoughts and enjoy some fruit

Olivetroad I was busted up pretty good. The drunk driver of other vehicle did not make it sorry to say. Truck and trailer went down road on its side at 60 mph. It caught fir and when it stopped I climbed out passenger window. Only about 20' of trailer and tractor frame was left, the rest melted in fire. Joe D.

Olivetroad I was busted up pretty good. The drunk driver of other vehicle did not make it sorry to say. Truck and trailer went down road on its side at 60 mph. It caught fir and when it stopped I climbed out passenger window. Only about 20' of trailer and tractor frame was left, the rest melted in fire. Joe D.

Wow - you are lucky to even be here and be able to run a keyboard after that ride. I bet the other poor soul never knew what happened.

I don't want to make you mad, but I just can't help asking if Joe Ditchkus drives in the ditch very often?