New U Model being added to the kennel!

So, after a long "talk" with the wife I have convinced her that we "need" the U-Model! We are planning to leave mid day Friday to head up to Colorado to pick her up. The truck I'm buying is in the new BMT Calender, I'm sure most of you guys know it, it has been to many shows. She is from originally from North Carolina. Dont know what the heck I'ma gunna do with it...but it was just one of those had to have it things ya know? LOL! Pics of the road trip back to Mt. Charleston Nevada will be posted as soon as I get her home. BTW, a late Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all my friends! Living up in the mountains, we dont get to go online as much as we would like...they NEED to get DSL up here haha! BTW, it was the green 66 that was on evil bay...yay me! . :dwave::SMOKIE-LFT:

Glad to know it's staying in the "fraternity" around here. You could prolly save ole "Killer" a bit of work and make a little money by delivering randyp's new scraper as soon as he settles on which one to purchase.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Randy, if your gunna get a scraper make sure you get a push / pull Cat with an auger...the BIGGER the better lol! Although, I'm sorry to say I think the new U model is a bit light in the rear to haul a push / pull...but my DM could do it haha! Good thing I kept two NOS Kysor roof top A/C's. I bought them years ago, I always knew I was going to find a use for one someday...nothing like a Kysor unit on top of a vintage Mack, it just looks so cool...or should I say COLD! :D And to think the wife always said, when are you going to get rid of those roof mounts, your never going to use them LOL!

She is going to a great home...and will continue to remain in our group. I'm just glad it didnt end up on a frieghter to Nigeria. Vintage trucks built this country and deserve to stay here and live out there retirement on the highways they once ran!

thats what i said!!! in a few years my ol u model should be up and roadworthy.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I always had a "soft spot" for the old smoke chuggin U's of the 60's and 70's. I remember the Roadway, Carolina, St. Johnsbury.etc etc pulling the old Strick ribbed trailers, the pass side of the trailer all black from diesel soot...the exhaust falpper bangin away...those were the good old days!