Any intrest in my U from BMT members?

We have been kicking around the idea with my wife and a few of you guys on selling the U model to be able to buy another Mack to work on. This forum's been great to get help with working on it and all and its right where I like to be. I'd like a new truck to work on and bring back up to spec. with you guys. Ive talked with Rob about it and I dont have room for more than one at a time also. Would any of you guys be interested in it? Id rather have someone here get it and enjoy and see the time and care I have spent in it than toss it on Ebay for the world.

Ive been thinking hard for the last week or so on doing this. Id like a older Mack than the U to bring back and get on the road.

If noones interested or it doesnt sell then id be happy to still give it a home, id still like to put Mack mudflaps back on it and buy those marker lights from Watts to make it look better.

Oh , Rob,Vinny, David, Mike, Mark , and others who have seen and said things about paiting on it. I painted the recessed part on the hood from Black back to Green. Heres a few pictures from the day I got it and ones from yesterday.

post-2596-0-00080600-1327283322_thumb.jp

post-2596-0-86888100-1327283412_thumb.jp

post-2596-0-23973800-1327283796_thumb.jp

post-2596-0-06901300-1327283963_thumb.jp

• Like 1

We have been kicking around the idea with my wife and a few of you guys on selling the U model to be able to buy another Mack to work on. This forum's been great to get help with working on it and all and its right where I like to be. I'd like a new truck to work on and bring back up to spec. with you guys. Ive talked with Rob about it and I dont have room for more than one at a time also. Would any of you guys be interested in it? Id rather have someone here get it and enjoy and see the time and care I have spent in it than toss it on Ebay for the world.

Ive been thinking hard for the last week or so on doing this. Id like a older Mack than the U to bring back and get on the road.

If noones interested or it doesnt sell then id be happy to still give it a home, id still like to put Mack mudflaps back on it and buy those marker lights from Watts to make it look better.

Oh , Rob,Vinny, David, Mike, Mark , and others who have seen and said things about paiting on it. I painted the recessed part on the hood from Black back to Green. Heres a few pictures from the day I got it and ones from yesterday.

I think I'd have a little difficult time getting rid of that. It has enough "uniqueness" to it it will generate interest just by what it is. Most neighbors don't mind one of those portable carports that are getting more and more commonplace these days, and it would be hard for someone to bitch if the carport housed a restored old truck while the new acquistion is being worked on inside. That is prolly what I would do myself, but, I don't like to get rid of anything.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

ya,,,that thing is pissa,,i wouldnt wanna sell it either..especially ready to fly,,but sometimes vehicles get less interesting in some peoples eyes,,when thier that complete,they prefer one that needs attention,,i can also appreciate that...good luck jay.......bob

Its has been a hard time thinking over and selling it. I know ive got a gray hair for a fact. We have thought the idea of a portable car port but we dont have the room to add it and ive looked into storage units , 325.00 a month to keep it stored inside one of those. The Mack stays in the garage. And the insurance company requires it.

If it doesnt go then I will be ok with keeping it I want to still do a couple more things to it before the truck shows start back up. Just wanted to see if theres any intrest so I could find a older one to bring back to life. Like some of you know I have more time into it (labor) than parts and things. Its been a fun one and the most reliable truck I have ever owned. So im sure id hate to see it go, well see what happens.

Its has been a hard time thinking over and selling it. I know ive got a gray hair for a fact. We have thought the idea of a portable car port but we dont have the room to add it and ive looked into storage units , 325.00 a month to keep it stored inside one of those. The Mack stays in the garage. And the insurance company requires it.

If it doesnt go then I will be ok with keeping it I want to still do a couple more things to it before the truck shows start back up. Just wanted to see if theres any intrest so I could find a older one to bring back to life. Like some of you know I have more time into it (labor) than parts and things. Its been a fun one and the most reliable truck I have ever owned. So im sure id hate to see it go, well see what happens.

Hope it sales for you. I think you started at a fair price and it should go up from there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/66-MACK-U609T-Day-Cab-Semi-Truck-Tractor-/320835120006?pt=Commercial_Trucks&hash=item4ab3436b86

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I think I did Rob, I didnt want to scare anyone off with a crazy price. I hope it goes up to get most of my money back and it will make a great truck. If not , then il keep playing with it.

I hardly sell anything on ebay, (sure buy too much) but if I do I like the auction format. Post what you have to have for a sale and let it run it's course without a reserve, (which I think is garbage).

I hope it sells good for you. At this point there are four bidders so the interest is there.

Rob

Truck looks good!,personally i don't see any problem with recovering most (or more) of what you have in it. Only trouble these days is people just dont have the disposable income they once had for hobby trucks ya know? i just wish i had the TIME to do something truckwise myself! kinda like to build something before i get too old/feeble to drive it! still got my heart set on a western R-model,kinda need something with a sleeper/room for my wife and boy if they should want to go to a show or something with me. They both enjoy the ride/room in my CX,i just dont really want to take a "new" truck to a show,not much point,especially in a sea of petes and KW's LOL!..............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Yeah I got no where on trucking like I was saying. I got 1 bid on uship to haul it. Maybe il just buy your truck outright if I can get enough. Right now its sitting at 5k , but I just started the auction late this morning and ive had 3 phone calls and a couple emails.

Thanks for the zero feedback advice, I read a few things online about cancelling zero feedback bidders. Ive watched the truck in CO , the LJ that some guy with zero feedback ran the bids up to 14k , then they guy had to relist it.

Mark I want a truck with a sleeper (i hope someday), even a small one so my wife and kids dont have to follw behind me in a trail car to shows. Its gets expencive driving like that.