TITAN WRECKER ON EBAY...IMPRESSIVE!

I think thats at least the 3rd or 4th time on Ebay.. I dont think he understands what his trucks worth. What a extemely nice truck!

He was using them special ebay bolts to hold everything together. This alone justifys the price.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob , if you stop by Ace Hardware flanged bolts arent too bad. BUT , used ones cost more so thats the case im sure.

They are actually called SEM screws with the integral flanged head. Usually the grade 5, or grade 8 are higher in price than standed capscrews and fine thread are more expensive yet. Now, 3 for $11.99 is a bit costly any way it's looked at.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Price:US $550,000.00

Whoever is running that truck has to be able to make the payments, and they get their revenue from the people they tow.....I wouldn't want to be the person paying that tow bill!

I prefer to see an old, reliable, simple truck without all of the bells & whistles....a truck that's been paid off for a decade or two and still going strong....because they can do the same job more profitably at a lower rate.

The "lower rate" part is what I like...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Personally,i think there is a lot of "who has the biggest johnson" the the towing and recovery business,RARELY do the ends justify the means (half a million dollar wrecker?) my late cousin was in the towing racket for years,he did buy top notch equipment,but it was never fancy,chromed,or babied! they were however SPOTLESS,and his reputation as someone who could do any job was his calling card,and if not done "his way" he'd simply walk away....later to be called back to do the job,that the "default" company could'nt handle (at twice the first quoted rate i might add)..better to have a clean,well maintained wrecker,with a capable driver,then a million dollar boat anchor! (in my opinion).........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Wonder why the wheelbase was left so long? Something that heavy spec would heave like that every tow.

Rob

It might heave in the middle like that but usually the long wheelbase to bring the nose down. What I was always told. when I drove for a tow company we tried picking up a T800 rock bucket that was rolled. I know I was in a Volvo but it was a short wb. I mean short. looked like a grocery delivery tractor. I don't think it was 165" wb. We got it off the ground but was real light on the front and left it.