Interesting Mack heavy hauler

I don't know what this is. Wrong model number but its sure is an interesting truck. It looks like a cross between an LR and an M series. Front and rear axles are the same setup as an LR and the cab/hood is off an M series. For the year I think it could be factory, perhaps an early M series or one of a kind custom build. That or its a rebuilt LR.

Lots of good pictures for a model builder.

http://www.truckpape...x?OHID=3111273

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

It is an M15SXC

Dave

That is what I first thought but I doubt it is. I have seen an M15 brochure as well as pictures and it came with 80k 8 spoke rears on solid walking beam along with a 6 spoke 23k front axle. This truck has Mack Planidrive axles with the old dual camel back suspension that was used on the LR trucks. The 8 spoke front axle (either 23 or 26k, not sure) is also typical of the LR but also found on smaller single axle M models (M25).

-Thad

It could be an early M32SX.

There seemed to be three 3axle M-Series with the split window cab. The M15, the M32 and the M45. The early M32SX had the 8 spoke front axle like the LR and the CL350. Later they seemed to have changed the front axle to the 6 spoke version which the M45 is using.

I had an old Cline that was similar - poor ole thing is now being sold back to us a little at a time in the form of hydraulic fittings (made in china)

boy aint that just the was it is...that truck doesnt look that old to me...im thinkin 70,s or 80.s.lol.bob

It could be an early M32SX.

There seemed to be three 3axle M-Series with the split window cab. The M15, the M32 and the M45. The early M32SX had the 8 spoke front axle like the LR and the CL350. Later they seemed to have changed the front axle to the 6 spoke version which the M45 is using.

I think you're right about it being an M32SX. An M15SX just used a regular dual reduction (80,000#?) set up, but the M32 would have had planitaries.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

NICE! Thanks for that. Where did you get that brochure and is there any more to it?

I have most of the M series spec sheets, Gerhart was a dealer for Mack off-highway until Mack pulled the plug on their off-highway program. If you want to see more, let me know. Also, somebody had posted a pretty complete set of M series brochures on the stripmine.org web site under equipment specs.

post-2383-0-38049600-1325623982_thumb.jp

I have most of the M series spec sheets, Gerhart was a dealer for Mack off-highway until Mack pulled the plug on their off-highway program. If you want to see more, let me know. Also, somebody had posted a pretty complete set of M series brochures on the stripmine.org web site under equipment specs.

Sadly they don't have the spec sheets of the M32 and the M100. Was there ever a spec sheet of the M100 published?

I don't think there ever was an M32 four wheel truck, there was an M30 and an M35. I have never seen a spec sheet on an M100. I think there was a Bulldog magazine that featured one on the cover, and I have a small full line brochure that mentions the M100, but no more than that. I have always been looking for one.

Dave

That's not very good for me, since I always wanted to build a 1:87 scale model of the M100. But without any spec this is a bit problematic.

Thomas,

One M100 is in New York city near where I live. It hasnt moved in some time and you can see it from Google maps/earth.

http://maps.google.com/?ll=40.593031,-73.805047&spn=0.001017,0.002064&hnear=90+Carolyn+Blvd,+East+Farmingdale,+Suffolk,+New+York+11735&t=h&z=20&vpsrc=6

-Thad

Back 15 years ago there was 2 of these old Mack off road tractors in Crystal Lake IL.They were parked up near a side street off of RT14 and Rt31. Looked like they were used in a pit to haul stone. Had a HD off road dump trailer. First time I saw them I was suprised as I did not know mack made off road trucks. Looked like the M series but its been so long I cant recall how many axels it had.

lmackattack: When I was a yungun back in Illinois there were several trucks that used to pass by our house from crystal lake Illinois.

One of the companies was called crystal lake sand and gravel. They used all red henricksons. One of them had a really strange sounding engine. Later found out that it was a 2 cycle Harnishfegger diesel. Dundee sand and gravel used all yellow and black Hendricksons. There were also tons of Macks from Celli Palumbo Bongi and Lindhall. I think Lindall is still in business using Petes unfortunately. :whistling: