Trucking News: PETA Urging Memorials for Animals Killed in Highway Crashes

BMT Forum Bot

The animal rights group, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants to erect highway memorials to the victims" of highway crashes involving animals.

View the full article

These people need their heads examined cause they are nut jobs. Maybe they should quit forgetting their causes as they chomp on their next steak, or hamburger at dinnertime. How the fuck do they think a tomato feels as it is sliced, chopped, or diced to smaller pieces? How bout the flower arrangement sitting on their table? Doesn't a flower have it's extremities "whacked off" with scissors, or other sharp objects? What does a fish do to deserve to have a hook set deep in it's jaws? Lobsters, how do they feel when submersed live into a pot of boiling water?

This whole group needs sent back to Uranus where they belong.

I'll enjoy my steak, well done to perfection, (of course).

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Right on Rob! Bunch a snivelin' liberal hypocrites is what they are. I had an email sent to me once and it had a picture of a news paper segment where some PETA PITA quoted something to the effect of quit killing animals for sport and food and go to the store and buy it where its made. :pat: How can you argue with stupid like that?

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

like ron white said you cant fix stupid. but on another note ive got a fresh batch of deer jerkey in the dehydratior that i will say a prayer over and thank god for. the pita folks will be glad to know that a memorial was left where the deer died at its called a gut pile. wonder how many pita members wear fur coats or down filled coats in the winter to stay warm?

like ron white said you cant fix stupid. but on another note ive got a fresh batch of deer jerkey in the dehydratior that i will say a prayer over and thank god for. the pita folks will be glad to know that a memorial was left where the deer died at its called a gut pile. wonder how many pita members wear fur coats or down filled coats in the winter to stay warm?

Uhhhh, Joe, I don't have a clue as to an answer for your questions, but could you please send me a large sample of that jerky??????

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

These people need their heads examined cause they are nut jobs. Maybe they should quit forgetting their causes as they chomp on their next steak, or hamburger at dinnertime. How the fuck do they think a tomato feels as it is sliced, chopped, or diced to smaller pieces? How bout the flower arrangement sitting on their table? Doesn't a flower have it's extremities "whacked off" with scissors, or other sharp objects? What does a fish do to deserve to have a hook set deep in it's jaws? Lobsters, how do they feel when submersed live into a pot of boiling water?

This whole group needs sent back to Uranus where they belong.

I'll enjoy my steak, well done to perfection, (of course).

Rob

I'm actually a peta supporter myself. That's "people eating tasty animals", not that other one.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Here I go again -

The problem here with the rise of all the animal rights whack-o's is that they don't really believe in God. God gave us the animals to use for our benefit. The main difference between them and us is that they do not have souls - they will never share the cool deal we have with us being made in the image and likeness of God.

Don't get me wrong - I love my pets and they mean a lot to me, but when they die, that is it, game over - no soul, no heaven. This is a tough one to swallow sometimes, especially when you try and explain death to kids. The animals fulfilled their purpose, to feed and clothe us, and keep us company. When the whackos start putting animals on the same plane as me and the rest of my family, that is when they go wrong.

With the benefits we get from all the animals also comes the responsibility to treat them with kindness and promote their well-being so that they can more easily fulfill their usefull purpose which is once again to feed us, clothe us, and companionship. I love to hunt, and so do my sons, but until they are old enough to know how to kill a deer with one shot, they need to practice on targets. If you kill it, it needs to be cooked and eaten. It is the same when we butcher chickens and hogs, kill them with a smile as you are letting them have a purpose.

As a farmer, it is to my benefit to take care of my animals - but the best thing I can do is eat them when I am hungry, and sell them to make money to support all the other needs of my family - people always come first!

The further that we as a country get away from having actual experience raising and caring for the animals we eat, the more whackos there will be. My dad used to say that we are getting too far away from the food chain. When you think your food just magically appears out of a can, why would you see that the purpose of animals is to support us?

These whackos just don't have enough to do in life if they spend their time and energy on the crap they do. They could sure help a lot of poor people and families with all the donations they send fringe groups like PETA.

Once again, my flak jacket size is 2XL Tall.

• Like 1

Myself being from farm country I agree fully what you've stated. We have horses, dogs, cat, (Mouser 1), rats and mice, (until Mouser 1 gets hold of em), ferret, and whatever sick, injured, or underpriveledged stray daughter seems to bring home. My dogs are pound rescues, the cat picked up when someone else dumped em, the ferret cause the other party wanted it no longer, (due to being a stinkin motherfucker). The horse, well that is Nikki's and her interest solely since it does not perform work.

I eat cows on a routine basis. The dogs eat horse, cattle, chicken, and whatever else is dreamed up in their food supply. The cat eats fish, poultry, cattle, rats, mice, and anything else he gets hold of. The ferret eats cat food also, I used to threaten to feed the ferret to the cat but they get along too good. The cat can beat the shit out of the dogs so that don't work neither. The dogs do nothing of any good except companionship, (I still have to tie a pork chop round my neck to get them to play with me), and the horse just burns hay, and costs a lot in vet bills.

Yeah I give them ethical treatment. When one dies, I get either a shovel or the skid steer to dig a hole in the yard and pitch em in. Even have done that with a couple of horses too. I take solace in that I have given them a better life than they could have ever received no matter how long it was, had we not crossed paths.

We as humans are at the top of the food chain on this planet. In some places, humans still consume humans. Fortunatly in this country at least there are enough tasty animals and members of other food groups we don't have to do that.

Personally I think PETA people "screw small animals" and that is just one of their hangups. The morons that support this type of activity need to be used as "plink" to get things back into perspective.

Of course you could just ship them all to California, then blast that land mass free of the encumbrance the rest of the USA presents.

Rob

Here I go again -

The problem here with the rise of all the animal rights whack-o's is that they don't really believe in God. God gave us the animals to use for our benefit. The main difference between them and us is that they do not have souls - they will never share the cool deal we have with us being made in the image and likeness of God.

Don't get me wrong - I love my pets and they mean a lot to me, but when they die, that is it, game over - no soul, no heaven. This is a tough one to swallow sometimes, especially when you try and explain death to kids. The animals fulfilled their purpose, to feed and clothe us, and keep us company. When the whackos start putting animals on the same plane as me and the rest of my family, that is when they go wrong.

With the benefits we get from all the animals also comes the responsibility to treat them with kindness and promote their well-being so that they can more easily fulfill their usefull purpose which is once again to feed us, clothe us, and companionship. I love to hunt, and so do my sons, but until they are old enough to know how to kill a deer with one shot, they need to practice on targets. If you kill it, it needs to be cooked and eaten. It is the same when we butcher chickens and hogs, kill them with a smile as you are letting them have a purpose.

As a farmer, it is to my benefit to take care of my animals - but the best thing I can do is eat them when I am hungry, and sell them to make money to support all the other needs of my family - people always come first!

The further that we as a country get away from having actual experience raising and caring for the animals we eat, the more whackos there will be. My dad used to say that we are getting too far away from the food chain. When you think your food just magically appears out of a can, why would you see that the purpose of animals is to support us?

These whackos just don't have enough to do in life if they spend their time and energy on the crap they do. They could sure help a lot of poor people and families with all the donations they send fringe groups like PETA.

Once again, my flak jacket size is 2XL Tall.

Well said. I grew up on the farm, and we hunted. Ate venison, squirrels, rabbits, and the occasional wild duck or quail.

We raised hogs and hog killing time was a major deal- and a lot of work. There was the killing- my uncle always did that- then came the scalding, scraping, gutting, cutting up, slicing, grinding, curing, and smoking and everybody helped with that.

We also raised tame rabbits for a while- they're mighty tasty too!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

My take on the whole thing is this,"if God did'nt want us to eat animals,then he should'nt have made them out of delicious meat" not to be coldhearted,but all gods creatures have a place,(right next to the mashed potatoes and under the gravy) we,(as a species) did'nt rise to the top of the food chain to eat carrots! one of these peta assholes should try jammin' a beet down a lions throat,and see how that works out for them!............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

i agree with everything on this topic i love animals too there very tasty. take a rabbit, squirrel, or a grouse/phessant or however you spell it, some back strap from the deer or a big chunk of the ham with some soup/pinto beans, cornbread, fried taters and onions and you have one great meal. and i guarntee that if some of the pita supporters ate it they would like it too until they found out what it was they were eating. as for the jerkey rob i would send you some but i cant keep the kids out of it. i fixed a whole shoulder last night and i got up this morning and all i got was about 6 or7 pieces the little pricks done went and robbed it last night when i was asleap. im going to try and kill me another or two and if i do ill make some and send you some.

i agree with everything on this topic i love animals too there very tasty. take a rabbit, squirrel, or a grouse/phessant or however you spell it, some back strap from the deer or a big chunk of the ham with some soup/pinto beans, cornbread, fried taters and onions and you have one great meal. and i guarntee that if some of the pita supporters ate it they would like it too until they found out what it was they were eating. as for the jerkey rob i would send you some but i cant keep the kids out of it. i fixed a whole shoulder last night and i got up this morning and all i got was about 6 or7 pieces the little pricks done went and robbed it last night when i was asleap. im going to try and kill me another or two and if i do ill make some and send you some.

I have a lot of customers that are avid hunters here and they keep a good supply of jerky, and venison around the shop. Me and Nikki "fight" over it a lot. She gets her fill, and I get the scrappings.......

I've never been a hunter myself but I let any hunter that will eat his kill use my property for the purpose. There are plenty of deer. It isn't out of the ordinary for somebody to peg a deer near the shop, borrow my pistol to "end it's misery" then borrow my truck, (used to be the Trusty, yet Crusty Dodge) to grab the "kill" for prepping.

I always ate good in this scenario plus it generated revenue for the shop. A "win win" situation for all involved. A single 9mm bullet for 20 pounds of deer venison, steaks, and burgers = a good trade in my book.

Rob

I have the same problem - I went to bed Christmas night with leftover beef tenderloin from one of our fat calves in the fridge, I actually woke up to pee at 4:00 and thought about how good it would taste served cold on a biscuit in the morning. I wake up and it is gone and no one knows where it went. All I got was a empty plate on the middle shelf with some liquid and peppercorns floating around. At least I had somthing to sop my biscuit in.

Well said. I grew up on the farm, and we hunted. Ate venison, squirrels, rabbits, and the occasional wild duck or quail.

We raised hogs and hog killing time was a major deal- and a lot of work. There was the killing- my uncle always did that- then came the scalding, scraping, gutting, cutting up, slicing, grinding, curing, and smoking and everybody helped with that.

We also raised tame rabbits for a while- they're mighty tasty too!

I got no comment about them stupid f**kin animal rights clowns...but OD reminded of how hard it was scraping the f'in hair, and if you got the water too hot the damn shit might end up in your sausage! Cows were much easier! My job was to pull the VW hood full of guts away so My grandpa could get in there with his back saw and split the thing! Funny thing was we used that VW hood as a sled when it snowed!

used to love goin to a hog killin but i havent been to one in a long time. there aint many people left in harlan county that kill there own hogs/cows anymore i know a few over in bledsoe that still do and a couple in lesslie county but thats about it.leversole them vw hoods made for some good sleds the last time i rode one was in the winter of 93/94 when we got all of that snow me and my brother tied one to my papaws 4wheeler and took off down the highway i should of rode the sled first as he dang near killed me after i pissed him off.