70th Anniversary of pearl Harbor

41chevy

Tommorow is the 70th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. Here is some Pearl Harbor vets talking of memories. At about 3 1/2 minutes you'll see the capsized Oklahoma. My uncle died there.He was China Navy and was on the Pennay in 1937 when the Japanese attacked it. Transfered to the Okie because it would be safer. Wish I could be there at the new Oklahoma Memorial for it. Paul

http://www.military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/second-world-war/pearl-harbor-attack-and-aftermath/1311237894001/

http://www.military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/second-world-war/1941-newsreel-on-pearl-harbor-attack/1311237922001/

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

you know i was trying to put this in a nice way,,,not to hurt anyones feelings nowadays,,,frankly i dont give a damn,anymore with a country thats in the toilet know,,but trying to be correct but cant think of anything else ,but they out to put warning signs in all jap car dealers,like we have to look at on cigarette packs,about how hazardous,this product is,stating,,these are the same people that attacked hawaii in 1941...sneek attack,,no warning and killed 4200 innocent people in a few hours...are you sure you wanna buy thier cars now???and also allota people dont know...nissan was the company that built all the bombs that killed all those innocent people in that mess,,they changed thier name to datsan for a number a years,,cause they knew no one here would buy them,,under the nissan name,,,now that nobody remembers how ruthfull moment,,when the japs were trying to take us out,,thier proud to put up big huge nissen signs right here,in the united states ,,in the very land they were trying to take...how quick people forget...now they got the odasidy gaul to tell me,,,whats more american that a ford pickup,,,,and preach everything you every wanted...only better buy a toyota...well were the hell were you when you totally disabled us,,,and bombed all our defence planes,29,,and took out our defence sailers,and ships,,and didnt give a damn,,about anyone over here...well??????????? ten four brothers,???,,lets keep it tite...i also lost an uncle there.and to think,,,how many people went out and bought thier japanese junk,,right on dec 7th...how disrespectfull....all american bob

!!!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I'm guilty of buying the products also. In 1997 I bought a new Harley Davidson motorcycle and did not know until later that most of the parts were Jap parts. Many of our countries big companies have sold us out to only get foreign products. So how does the future look in your part of the American Dream? If I start a garden next summer, I hope that the seeds didn't come from another country.

mike

We gave the Japs the power to almost put the auto industry out of buss.and now we are giving it to the Chinks!! But Obama an Jeff Ameltdown (GE) say they are our friends!! So do you think our friends will give us our Drown back when Iran hands it over to them!! or do you think they will pull it all apart !! Pres R/R would have blown the shit out of them already!! (Iran)

BULLHUSK .....Newt G for pres.

We gave the Japs the power to almost put the auto industry out of buss.and now we are giving it to the Chinks!! But Obama an Jeff Ameltdown (GE) say they are our friends!! So do you think our friends will give us our Drown back when Iran hands it over to them!! or do you think they will pull it all apart !! Pres R/R would have blown the shit out of them already!! (Iran)

AAAAAAmen.lol.bob

I would have thought that it could be blown to smithereens by remote control in case something like this happened, but I guess not.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I would have thought that it could be blown to smithereens by remote control in case something like this happened, but I guess not.

The C in C had three requests to allow A) a recovery, B) an attempt to relink control and fly it out and C) destroy it and refused. According to the White House press release, it was because he did not want to commit an "act of war" Better a gift to our undocumented enemies I guess?

AS for the Japs, thank Douglas MacArthur for the post war treatment of them. Minimal War crime trials, kept the Emperor, kept their Flag and we rebuilt their factories. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

I'm guilty of buying the products also. In 1997 I bought a new Harley Davidson motorcycle and did not know until later that most of the parts were Jap parts. Many of our countries big companies have sold us out to only get foreign products. So how does the future look in your part of the American Dream? If I start a garden next summer, I hope that the seeds didn't come from another country.

mike

know what you mean,,man now if we decide to keep buying american cars,,we need to put up with that,,these days,,they tell me they do that to keep the cost down,,,and compete with imports,,,im getting so tired of sending money to china,and tiawan,,,we decited this year all our gifts we sent,were gift cards for local services resturants,,car washes facials,,,all american services this year...im not buying anything made in anyone of those country,s,,,this year all my money is staying rite here....bob :twothumbsup:

There would be no market for import nameplates if pricing, quality, reliability, and ammenities of american produced products were equal, or better in the marketplace. This "lopsided" trade practice didn't get the way it is overnight. It started many years ago with politics, corporate greed, and self gratifying attitudes of the american populace.

This practice has to stop. Until we get elected officials willing to even the odds in the marketplace we just play games of "shuffle". Elected officials only care about staying in office as I see it because several tenure politicians exist and we keep going backwards.

Time for both change, and those participating to the problems we have now, held accountable for actions in the past. Start putting the screws to the politicians now and watch them "flip" and blame each other. Take them all out in the end. Enact term limits and change political laws to ensure this does not happen again. Cut the funding to other countries that abuse the priviledge of the contributions. Quit playing the world's police force and protect your own.

One could go on and on with the political problems we all are the victim of. It is time to change it up.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

There would be no market for import nameplates if pricing, quality, reliability, and ammenities of american produced products were equal, or better in the marketplace. This "lopsided" trade practice didn't get the way it is overnight. It started many years ago with politics, corporate greed, and self gratifying attitudes of the american populace.

This practice has to stop. Until we get elected officials willing to even the odds in the marketplace we just play games of "shuffle". Elected officials only care about staying in office as I see it because several tenure politicians exist and we keep going backwards.

Time for both change, and those participating to the problems we have now, held accountable for actions in the past. Start putting the screws to the politicians now and watch them "flip" and blame each other. Take them all out in the end. Enact term limits and change political laws to ensure this does not happen again. Cut the funding to other countries that abuse the priviledge of the contributions. Quit playing the world's police force and protect your own.

One could go on and on with the political problems we all are the victim of. It is time to change it up.

Rob

Might want to read this. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Why is the Republican establishment pulling for Romney and against Newt (or anyone else that has been close or ahead in the polls)? Why does it look like the Obama media wants Romney to be the nominee?

DIRT and BLACKMAIL!!

P.T.CHESHIRE

Why is the Republican establishment pulling for Romney and against Newt (or anyone else that has been close or ahead in the polls)? Why does it look like the Obama media wants Romney to be the nominee?

This is the way I see it, could you see Obama debate Newt? Do you think Barry knows American history ? Has he balanced four budjets like Newt did under Clinton? Do you think Iran would be gettin away with the stuff they are pulling with this guy in Washington with Newt?? I think that in his heart... Newt knows what has to be done he has done it before and I know It's just eating away at him just as it is to all of us, about how this Pres. is sending us down the tubes...fast real fast. Romney is power hungry, he already has all the money he needs 275 million, and I don't thing his heart is in it!! look just last night he tried to bet perry 10,000 bucks on the air in the debate.....see its all about money to him. I know he's a good business guy, but if you look into a lot of his deals, he did make money for his partners but he also cut jobs doing so. Also Romney has never sat in a room with Dems. an Reps. an got things done! Newt has, an right now guys we need a guy who tells it like he see's it an tells us how he can fix it an thats why I think the Dems. fear Newt

• Like 1

Well they should, Newton will not take crap and give it all away. Romney I feel will take up were O leaves off. Good business for him is the export more jobs. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Don't let the media or the Dem's pick who runs against Obama. If they do, it will be Romney. That's who they think they can beat. PBO is running against Wall Street. As soon as Romney gets the nod, they'll pull that ace out of the hole and label him as "Mr Wall Street" and one of the "one percent".

Running against Wall Street with their PAC $$$ no less.

P.T.CHESHIRE

If we allowed George S Patton and Douglas Mcarthur to do what they wanted we would have few of the problems of the past 60 years. Patton wanted to rearm the German army and go through Russia to "avoid post war problems. Mcarthur when he reached the Yalu River,he wanted to keep going through China. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

If we allowed George S Patton and Douglas Mcarthur to do what they wanted we would have few of the problems of the past 60 years. Patton wanted to rearm the German army and go through Russia to "avoid post war problems. Mcarthur when he reached the Yalu River,he wanted to keep going through China. Paul

I remember when Truman died. My Grandmother, who would not have shit even if she stepped in it, said "If he should make it to Heven, I hope Mcarthur sends him straight to Hell."