Saw this today...

other dog

Yep, sure did . On 288 in Richmond. But there could be any number of reasons why this Mack was behind a PACCAR wrecker. Somebody could have traded this dump truck for a new Peterbilt dump truck and when it broke down they might've called and said "bring me my old Mack back, this p.o.s. done broke down on me!"...who knows?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I'm quite certain it is part of a distance measuring test. You know, take a brand spankin new Paccar built truck with a wrecker body, hang one of the most superior pieces of human designed machinery ever conceived from it's hook, and try to make it a hundred miles distant. This scenario has been played out time, and time again with the same result. The Mack drags the truck back in for repairs with a chain. Maybe someday those guys will get it right but prolly not in my lifetime. I hope this is in the correct forum. Sure hate to get blamed for something I said when it was posted in the wrong place. Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I didn't see this today, saw it earlier in the week, but i'm gonna put it in the same post if that's all right with you guys.

This was Tuesday or Wednesday in West Virginia.

Saw this in Petersburg when I was dropping off and picking up another mill roll.

• Like 1

I didn't see all the Ice Wednesday coming out of West Virginia but I learned something never to take a big truck on Wv 28. that was 22 miles of hell. Road was barley a lane and a half,curves hell anything under 20 mph was so tight I had to go around at 2 mph just to make sure nobody came around it blind and hit me. Put the trailer in a couple of ditches. Made it 150 yards from the end and smacked a damn tree. luckily I got 3 piece pipes and they take a hit like the stock stuff never could. Just dinged the top again.

I didn't see all the Ice Wednesday coming out of West Virginia but I learned something never to take a big truck on Wv 28. that was 22 miles of hell. Road was barley a lane and a half,curves hell anything under 20 mph was so tight I had to go around at 2 mph just to make sure nobody came around it blind and hit me. Put the trailer in a couple of ditches. Made it 150 yards from the end and smacked a damn tree. luckily I got 3 piece pipes and they take a hit like the stock stuff never could. Just dinged the top again.

Ran into a situation like that on rt. 10 some years ago. Had a load going to Mullens, W.V. and I ran rt. 10 out of Princeton. Blind curves and no way to keep everything on your side of the road. When I got to Mullens they told me where I delivered "nobody goes that way, you should have went to Beckley and came back down rt.16". NOW you tell me!

Here we go. Would of had some from Pa, and Wv but my other half missed the Mh on Wv 2 when I slowed down to get the pic. And the run fell through so all the spots I had in mind to get a few pics well thats another story. I have seen these R's sitting there for a long time. there are about 7 there with these 3

post-8266-0-33240400-1322961312_thumb.jp

See , I thought the Mack was pulling the KW also. Rob's idea make sence also , gotta be one or the other.

On another note the KW dealer sure helped me out Friday , my Bulldog wouldnt pass emissions test and the KW shop took it in , 15 minutes later it pass emissions like a 2012 model. They have a old Mack mechanic (a.k.a real truck mechanic) working for them..

I've seen that before! PACCAR makes a truck cover that looks like a Mack, so people don't see the Paccar being towed. Kind of like Ferrari transporting their dead cars in an enclosed trailer. Stealth my friends, stealth. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yep, sure did . On 288 in Richmond. But there could be any number of reasons why this Mack was behind a PACCAR wrecker. Somebody could have traded this dump truck for a new Peterbilt dump truck and when it broke down they might've called and said "bring me my old Mack back, this p.o.s. done broke down on me!"...who knows?

This is a more fitting pose for a Paccar product.

post-199-0-02441500-1323399677_thumb.jpg

Is that bumper a HERD product or Ali-Arc? Looks herd. Gonna get one this year. To many close calls and not trying to re arrange my hood

It's actually a Bison. It's made by a company called S&V Manufacturing in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I think their web site is sandvgrillguards.com. I have a friend that has an Ali-Arc on a CL and the Bison is a lot better built. I have heard the Ali-Arc and Herd will no longer build bumpers for trucks that are no longer in production. Don't know if that's true or not. The deer population around my home has exploded and Superliner parts are getting harder to come by so that's why I bought one.

It's actually a Bison. It's made by a company called S&V Manufacturing in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I think their web site is sandvgrillguards.com. I have a friend that has an Ali-Arc on a CL and the Bison is a lot better built. I have heard the Ali-Arc and Herd will no longer build bumpers for trucks that are no longer in production. Don't know if that's true or not. The deer population around my home has exploded and Superliner parts are getting harder to come by so that's why I bought one.

Got any more pics of your Great looking Superliner? I think thats the first pic I have seen of it. what are its specs?looks well taken care of..

Got any more pics of your Great looking Superliner? I think thats the first pic I have seen of it. what are its specs?looks well taken care of..

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment. It's a 1990, 613 series, E9, inline pump and injectors spec'd by Steve Trevitz @ Mack Powertrain and work done by Antrim, with a Holset HBT4C turbo. Tranny is a 2180, with 3:87 rears on airride and 24.5 rubber. She pulls about 38-40 lbs of boost and the only thing around hear that will keep up with her is another E9.

post-199-0-21663400-1323577244_thumb.jpg

post-199-0-48011000-1323577295_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good cutting, copying, and pasting there. I saw these 2 big orange Macks at Sam Black Church in West Virginia this week. One's been sitting there a long time, first time i'd seen 2 there.

I would give Robs left nut to have one them down here in texas to fill up with dirt Tom,,,oops,,forgot,,,Rob has no nuts,,,randyp

I would give Robs left nut to have one them down here in texas to fill up with dirt Tom,,,oops,,forgot,,,Rob has no nuts,,,randyp

I still have em Randy. They reside in a mayonaise jar submerged in formaldahyde solution on the fireplace mantle. You cannot however, have them.

I'm so fond of the little rascals, missing them greatly, I just couldn't let the pair be broken apart to be traded for a Mack dump truck.

Occasionally, they still beckon me to "give em a scratch".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I still have em Randy. They reside in a mayonaise jar submerged in formaldahyde solution on the fireplace mantle. You cannot however, have them.

I'm so fond of the little rascals, missing them greatly, I just couldn't let the pair be broken apart to be traded for a Mack dump truck.

Rob

LOL, well, I am fond of my nuts, and ifn i dont get another truck up and running soon, they are prolly gonna be in a wealthy landowners vise,,,,3,000 plus yards to move,,,randyp

LOL, well, I am fond of my nuts, and ifn i dont get another truck up and running soon, they are prolly gonna be in a wealthy landowners vise,,,,3,000 plus yards to move,,,randyp

It only hurts for a short while, (the vice thing that is).

Rob