How did the media miss this?

41chevy

Subject: Michelle Obama's previous job.

WORKING THE SYSTEM

Wow, she must have been really good at her job.

At the top right hand corner of page 17 of the New York Post, January 24, 2009, was a column entitled, "Replacing Michelle" in the National Review, The Week.

Here it is as it appeared:

"Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The University of Chicago Medical Center hired her in 2002 to run 'programs for community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff diversity and minority contracting'.

In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 - nearly twice what her husband made as a Senator.

Her husband, Barack Obama, had just become a U.S. Senator. He requested a $1 million "Earmark" for the UC Medical Center. Way to network, Michelle!

Now that Mrs. Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will remain unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be worth $317,000?

Let me add that Michelle's position was a part-time, 20-hours-a-week job.

20hrs. X 52 weeks = 1,040 hours per year

$317,000 divided by 1,040 hours = $304.80 per hour.

My thoughts: How did this bit of "quid pro quo" (scratch my back - I'll scratch yours) corruption escape the sharp reporters that dug through Sarah Palin's garbage and kindergarten files?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Subject: Michelle Obama's previous job.

WORKING THE SYSTEM

Wow, she must have been really good at her job.

At the top right hand corner of page 17 of the New York Post, January 24, 2009, was a column entitled, "Replacing Michelle" in the National Review, The Week.

Here it is as it appeared:

"Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The University of Chicago Medical Center hired her in 2002 to run 'programs for community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff diversity and minority contracting'.

In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 - nearly twice what her husband made as a Senator.

Her husband, Barack Obama, had just become a U.S. Senator. He requested a $1 million "Earmark" for the UC Medical Center. Way to network, Michelle!

Now that Mrs. Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will remain unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be worth $317,000?

Let me add that Michelle's position was a part-time, 20-hours-a-week job.

20hrs. X 52 weeks = 1,040 hours per year

$317,000 divided by 1,040 hours = $304.80 per hour.

My thoughts: How did this bit of "quid pro quo" (scratch my back - I'll scratch yours) corruption escape the sharp reporters that dug through Sarah Palin's garbage and kindergarten files?

ya,,,pretty incredible,,,and its funny how they lean on some people but dont bash the phony queen,,,personally i wouldnt hire her to feed my dogs.lol.bob :thumbsdown:

I didn't get to watch the NASCAR race Sunday, but I heard that Michelle and Mrs. Biden were there and they were loudly booed by the race fans.

Nascar fans didn't forget in 2009 she called us "a bunch of white redneck hill billies". Personally I take that as a compliment!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Not hard to miss what ya' aint looking for! liberal news media only reports on what it thinks we need to know!........................................Mark

I know its off topic but whenever I read your posts Mark I hear them as Dale Gribble and it always makes my day.

HG

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I know its off topic but whenever I read your posts Mark I hear them as Dale Gribble and it always makes my day.

HG

Me too LOL

P.T.CHESHIRE