Anybody Getting The Blizzard Of 2007?

Barry

We are supposed to get somewhere between 10" and 30" depending on which forcast you listen to.

"Buy provisions, fill your tub, give blood" Lord, it's going to snow!

Did you know it is the law in the state of Connecticut that as soon as the weathermen start pridiciting snow everyone is required to go to the store and buy milk and bread?

Jim

Did you know it is the law in the state of Connecticut that as soon as the weathermen start pridiciting snow everyone is required to go to the store and buy milk and bread?

Jim

The same thing happens here in Vermont too. I try to avoid stores before a storm. Too many crazy people out.

don't worry steve it's gonna rain hot water tomorrow night.

I wish it would! I'll still be out plowing tommorow night. Been an easy year so far though. Middle of Feburary and this is only our 2nd plowable storm. Very strange winter!

We are supposed to get somewhere between 10" and 30" depending on which forcast you listen to.

We got about 5-6 inches 20 miles west of Peoria, IL. Peoria got 8 inches. Havana Illinois got 12 inches and it's 30 miles south of us.

It's damn windy and a lot of impassable drifts around.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I LIVE BY THE 80-81 JUNCTION, WE GOT 4 INCHES OF SNOW, THEN TURNED TO FREEZING RAIN FOR ABOUT 4 HOURS, THEN 1 HOUR OF RAIN WITH AIR TEMPS IN THE LOWER 20'S, THEN TO TOP IT OFF 12 INCHES OF SNOW ON TOP. THE RAIN TURNED THE FIRST 4 INCHES OF SNOW INTO A 3 INCH ICE PACK. WHAT A MESS!!!! INTERSTATES WHERE CLOSED FOR 40 HOURS WHILE PLOW TRAINS OF 8 PENNDOTS TRUCKS TRIED TO CLEAR THE ROADS. ALL SIDE ROADS BECAME TRUCK PARKING LOTS. IT'S NOW SATURDAY NIGHT AND THINGS ARE SLOWLY GETTING BACK TO NORMAL, WHATEVER NORMAL IS. NOT MANY ACCIDENTS, JUST PEOPLE STUCK. :pat:

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Macktrucks4. You live near the junction of 1 80 and 81.You have some dumpers in your picture who do you work for? I have a Tri Axle Western Star I usually work for Slusser Bros(Pennsy Supply) Pittston, Pa.A few years ago I hauled coal into some power plants down your way Nepco and Panther Creek. Ilive in Mount Cobb we got about 20" combined Ice and snow, Scranton got about 14" combined ice and snow.

YES, I WORKED FOR SLUSSER BROS. YEARS AGO, BUT MY EXCAVATING BUSINESS NEEDED THE TRUCKS ON MY SITE JOBS. I DO LOT CLEARING, NEW HOME EXCAVATING, SAND MOUNDS, AND ALOT OF TOPSOIL WORK. IN THE WINTER I CLEAR SNOW FOR SOME PLANTS IN THE INDUSTRIAL PARK TO KEEP THE EQUIPMENT MOVING( THEY GOT A GOOD WORK OUT THIS WEEK) SMALL WORLD ISN'T IT.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.