Hit the Mack Lotto Today!

Hanging out at Gerharts (great show by the way, Lots of trucks) I walked out back to the salvage yard...Wow, about ten B models in various states...I did a mental inventory, couple of drivers and passenger side vent windows with good latches, couple of unblemished glove box doors with perfect hinges and latches!...That was Friday, so after many hours of staring out of my pickup window into the darkness (another story), on Saturday I found one of the main Gerhart guys...he told me they do NOT sell parts from thier cabs....DAMMIT!!!...Oh well, it was nice to imagine...anyways, this guy must have seen my face drop, he told me they scrapped a B a few days earlier and he thought the cab might not be in the heap yet, and said I was welcome to anything on it...It was about a quater mile away and I didnt think much of it and did not want to walk that far...anyhow, after a couple more hours, curiosity kicked in and off I went....went I first laid eyes upon I figured I had wasted my time...

post-6773-0-92739400-1317517011_thumb.jp

But wait! what is that I see?!?!

post-6773-0-92255400-1317517117_thumb.jp

post-6773-0-23648500-1317517168_thumb.jp

The passenger side is damn near perfect! So, thinking I had stumbled upon a pirates treasure, I ran back down the hill to borrow a phillips screwdriver (thanks Michael!)...

Well, now they are in my garage, to be installed tomorrow!

I cant believe they crushed the cab and didnt break the windows!

• Like 1

Looks to me like the grille surround was still useable? i have an old one that i am thinking of making a shelf out of to put some of my model Macks on.................Mark

The shell was damn good...the emblem was perfect! (that's just a little rain on it) I didnt have any tools or I would have gotten it! It was a shame...I wish I could have gotten the exhaust bracket, the brake spiders, the brake chambers, etc...lots of good stuff left on the frame!

post-6773-0-44279800-1317522350_thumb.jp

The shell was damn good...the emblem was perfect! (that's just a little rain on it) I didnt have any tools or I would have gotten it! It was a shame...I wish I could have gotten the exhaust bracket, the brake spiders, the brake chambers, etc...lots of good stuff left on the frame!

I had a full set of sockets, etc. with me. Like the credit card ad "don't leave home without them". You never know when you will see something "interesting".

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 5 years later...