50 Mack B Models! Need help!

Hey Guys,

A fellow contacted me about 2 weeks ago asking if i wanted to buy his b model. Little did i know he has 50 b models and are all going to the scraper cause there "to far gone". He had 120 3 years ago and they are slowly fading away from his farm. He said he will hold off until i have the money ready but have to give him a hefty deposit. I started my own business 2 months ago landscaping and snowplowing. And in two months with 18 contracts i made some pretty good money for a 19 year old mowing lawns and cleaning up from Hurricane Irene . im thinking in about 2 years i will have the proper funds for most of the trucks. He said i can take a few and come back for the rest. I have the property to keep all these truck and are wondering how i should get them all home. I have a F250 w/ goose neck trailer that can hold 1 truck and i have a f350 that can hold 1 truck also. Or should I buy a used small semi and trailer and do 3 at a time?

Please help me out! My mind is spinning!

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Hey Guys,

A fellow contacted me about 2 weeks ago asking if i wanted to buy his b model. Little did i know he has 50 b models and are all going to the scraper cause there "to far gone". He had 120 3 years ago and they are slowly fading away from his farm. He said he will hold off until i have the money ready but have to give him a hefty deposit. I started my own business 2 months ago landscaping and snowplowing. And in two months with 18 contracts i made some pretty good money for a 19 year old mowing lawns and cleaning up from Hurricane Irene . im thinking in about 2 years i will have the proper funds for most of the trucks. He said i can take a few and come back for the rest. I have the property to keep all these truck and are wondering how i should get them all home. I have a F250 w/ goose neck trailer that can hold 1 truck and i have a f350 that can hold 1 truck also. Or should I buy a used small semi and trailer and do 3 at a time?

Yes I know a 19 year old shouldnt be playing around with 50 mack b models, but I cant let them go away to the scraper...

Please help me out! My mind is spinning!

Tom

Tom,in my opinion,they ARE worth saving! even the most common parts are getting harder to find,and not a whole lot is being reproduced,even if they are "too far gone" there has to be something usable,even if dismantled,cataloged,stored,chances are SOMEONE in this hobby will need something missing from their project,think about how many times someone on here is looking for a glovebox door,vent window frame,heater emblem etc,the "little" parts are surely worthwhile saving,and if you look at it as an investment,maybe a small amount of money can be made in the sale of the parts....i mean check the price on a GOOD set of used B-model doors(if you can find any)and you'll see what i mean..anyway,just my 2 cents!...........Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Tom,in my opinion,they ARE worth saving! even the most common parts are getting harder to find,and not a whole lot is being reproduced,even if they are "too far gone" there has to be something usable,even if dismantled,cataloged,stored,chances are SOMEONE in this hobby will need something missing from their project,think about how many times someone on here is looking for a glovebox door,vent window frame,heater emblem etc,the "little" parts are surely worthwhile saving,and if you look at it as an investment,maybe a small amount of money can be made in the sale of the parts....i mean check the price on a GOOD set of used B-model doors(if you can find any)and you'll see what i mean..anyway,just my 2 cents!...........Mark

Exactly! I wanna be able to help out you guys also! Im always the one asking people for stuff! I wanna return the favor now. Everyone is just getting rid of these rigs and its sad! I literally had to beg the guy to stop cutting them up. I wish i could uplload the pictures he sent me. I recently changed phones and they are on my old phone... I will try and find a way to post them. Some are in great shape in my eyes and some are definitely parts machines, but they are all worth saving. One has a Chrome radiator shell and NO RUST ON THE DOORS! i mean how can you cut that up! Hopefully sometime this weekend or next week ill take a ride over and see what i can do for pics and a final price on these guys. I know all you mack lovers want pics!

Rhasler- If you need anything just let me know! Id love to help out a fellow mack fan!

jaysm35a2- Thanks! They have to be saved! already half of them has gone to scrap, the last half is up to me!

Thanks for your help guys!

Tom

You wanna "share" some of the trucks? Let us know where they are! I could difinitely use the "right" parts truck!

Or, here is my standard list...

Driver and passenger vent windows with latches (glass unimportant, just good latches)

2 battery boxes

glove box door with hinges and latch

Drivers seat frame and seat (recoverable)

As far as moving them. Another option is to find a towing & recovery operation in your area that you can work out "trade" with. You do mowing & landscaping right? Most tow yards don't need much in the way of landscaping but you never know. Snow removal could be a option. I part-time for a towing and recovery operation and I also do snow removal. I have met them at winter accident sites and cleared snow from the roadway/shoulder and even grassy areas so they can get better footing for the recovery trucks. You provide the right service for them, and perhaps they can move some of your trucks when it works into their schedule.

You wanna "share" some of the trucks? Let us know where they are! I could difinitely use the "right" parts truck! Or, here is my standard list... Driver and passenger vent windows with latches (glass unimportant, just good latches) 2 battery boxes glove box door with hinges and latch Drivers seat frame and seat (recoverable)

Leversole- Id gladly give you some parts to finish your truck, No problem! When i get out there ill bring my list with me and see what i can get for you!

Terry T- Great idea Terry ill definitely look into that!

Exactly! I wanna be able to help out you guys also! Im always the one asking people for stuff! I wanna return the favor now. Everyone is just getting rid of these rigs and its sad! I literally had to beg the guy to stop cutting them up. I wish i could uplload the pictures he sent me. I recently changed phones and they are on my old phone... I will try and find a way to post them. Some are in great shape in my eyes and some are definitely parts machines, but they are all worth saving. One has a Chrome radiator shell and NO RUST ON THE DOORS! i mean how can you cut that up! Hopefully sometime this weekend or next week ill take a ride over and see what i can do for pics and a final price on these guys. I know all you mack lovers want pics!

Rhasler- If you need anything just let me know! Id love to help out a fellow mack fan!

jaysm35a2- Thanks! They have to be saved! already half of them has gone to scrap, the last half is up to me!

Thanks for your help guys!

Tom

I would be willing to buy a good B75 hood if one is there. Good luck on saving that litter of bulldogs you found.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Guys im doing my best to try and get this going. I will be calling him tomorrow and I will let you know what is going down. Maybe i can go one day during the week and check them out. As for getting them i am gonna try my darnest to get them all and save them all. He told me he has a excavator with one of those hydraulic grabbing arms and actually rips them apart and loads them in his dump trailer for the scrap yard.. So i really have to get moving on this. SO let me try and see when i Can get them and then we will see what everyone needs for parts and stuff... Just give me a few days and i will keep you guys updated.

Guys im doing my best to try and get this going. I will be calling him tomorrow and I will let you know what is going down. Maybe i can go one day during the week and check them out. As for getting them i am gonna try my darnest to get them all and save them all. He told me he has a excavator with one of those hydraulic grabbing arms and actually rips them apart and loads them in his dump trailer for the scrap yard.. So i really have to get moving on this. SO let me try and see when i Can get them and then we will see what everyone needs for parts and stuff... Just give me a few days and i will keep you guys updated.

Good luck and Godspeed. :SMOKIE-LFT:

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

What woudl a guy be doing with over 100 just B models. Thats a record for sure.

Probably not...

I took the below pic several years ago at "Superdog's" place. This is only one row of trucks and there were several more and since then he has added to his collection.

post-45-0-81377800-1315772823_thumb.jpg

Im trying my best! The guy said he'd hold off from scrapping them until i have the funds. Real nice guy and loves that young people like me have interest in these old trucks. He thought no one wanted them and just got rid of them... Since im showing LOTS of interest hes being really cool about it!

Thanks guys,

Tom

• Like 1

It would be good if you would do an inventory of the trucks there by recording the model numbers. If you wanted to go further and spend the time, you could copy the serial number and model number from the plate inside the passenger door, along with a brief description of each truck.

Start by moving the trucks that have items that people want. With the money from those parts you can buy more more trucks.