Gu813

Went to dealer today, thinking of getting new truck. they have a 2011 GU813 mp8 505c 18spd 46rears 3.91 272" with JWS 26' roll off installed.........$167,000 they said maybe $30,000 on trade for mine! HELP ME OUT HERE! BOBO

p.s. and $3700 to paint it my colours!

Your old one is dependable. Keep it and keep running till it won't run no more, or keeps breaking you slowly. There is no money to be made by paying a banker.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

From a serviceability standpoint I think the GU813 is better than the GU713, it just seems easier to get to a lot of things, but it's far and away harder to work on than any of the "legacy" trucks in my opinion. The 2010 emissions engines we have around here have been running pretty good for the most part without any major engine failure type trouble so far. If you decide to buy the GU keep this one rule in mind:

EVEN THOUGH IT'S A PAIN IN THE ASS ON AN MP ENGINE, WHEN YOU TAKE SOMETHING APART PUT ALL THE BOLTS BACK IN THE DAMN THING!

Probably close to 85% of the work I've done in the last month is directly related to someone working on an MP engine and not reinstalling all of the hardware that was removed.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Your old one is dependable. Keep it and keep running till it won't run no more, or keeps breaking you slowly. There is no money to be made by paying a banker.

Rob

Ats hitting the nail on the head you Illinois farmboy, truer advice couldnt be spoken! I keep trying to give summa these yahoos round here advice like that, most dont listen and banks wind up picking their shit up. Heh,,you can bet your ass when I wind up retiring something, there is no life left in it. randyp

my boy says he's gonna kick me in the b*lls 167,000 times! my wife says sell the house and put the money with the 167,000 and buy a mansion on hill! SO... i bought a new stereo, amp, speakers, door rubbers, handles, latch, striker, glass wippers(upper and lower), glass and no draft. Best part was I PAID CASH FOR ALL MY PARTS! thanks guys!! I think the RB has a few more years in her!!! bobo

Never was any doubt in my mind and I've never seen your truck.

Now I'm certain both of your boys' legs would be sore from swinging short of 167,000 times. To help him along, I would volunteer to share his pain.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

my boy says he's gonna kick me in the b*lls 167,000 times! my wife says sell the house and put the money with the 167,000 and buy a mansion on hill! SO... i bought a new stereo, amp, speakers, door rubbers, handles, latch, striker, glass wippers(upper and lower), glass and no draft. Best part was I PAID CASH FOR ALL MY PARTS! thanks guys!! I think the RB has a few more years in her!!! bobo

bobo,

The best used truck you'll ever own is the one your drivin!! Keep her, an just start puttin the new truck payment in the bank every month, at the end of the year you'll have a nice piece of change!

BULLHUSK