Went To Look At This Rs771 V12 Yesterday

Take a look an tell me what you think? Frame on truck has been spliced an stretched (not the way I would have done it) the roof is rotted through around the drip drain an under the cab beheind the doors, the engine is inside an all apart. Ok the V12 has, I think all the parts except for the pistons,the two heads are laying on the floor face down(not a good thing) the crank an the cams have to be removed an polished(maybe cut) Asking price 15,500 yes fifteen thousand five hundred.....is it just me? or am I just a cheap bastard?? orrrr could the truck be over priced?? please help me out here!!

BULLHUSK

post-5662-0-68240800-1314922948_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Take a look an tell me what you think? Frame on truck has been spliced an stretched (not the way I would have done it) the roof is rotted through around the drip drain an under the cab beheind the doors, the engine is inside an all apart. Ok the V12 has, I think all the parts except for the pistons,the two heads are laying on the floor face down(not a good thing) the crank an the cams have to be removed an polished(maybe cut) Asking price 15,500 yes fifteen thousand five hundred.....is it just me? or am I just a cheap bastard?? orrrr could the truck be over priced?? please help me out here!!

BULLHUSK

post-5662-0-46520700-1314923512_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Is just my 2 cents Ernie, but that is waaaayyy overpriced in my book! For stage of disassembly you described, that price just seems ridiculous to me. I would sure like to drive a over the road truck with V-12 sometime in my life though. I have driven a lot of different mining trucks with V-12s, and other equipment, but never anything on the road in the real world. There are too many good classic trucks out there running right now cheaper than that, be a good project if he comes down quite a bit on price though,,,just my 2 cents,,,,,,randyp

Hey Ernie, your purchase of this truck would comply with democratic principals fitting the term "redistribution of wealth". You know, give some idiot a lot of money for nothing.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey Ernie, your purchase of this truck would comply with democratic principals fitting the term "redistribution of wealth". You know, give some idiot a lot of money for nothing.

Rob

Rob,

Could you imagine?? 15,500 US dollars?? I mean, I just had to check with the rest of you guys to just make sure I wasn't passing up the Hope Diamond of R700's here!! Hey Superdog, I think it was Teddy Roosevelt, when asked about the Panama Canal "We stole it fair an square" LOL.. The only sad thing about it is.... For a brief moment there yesterday I'm thinkin (holy s--t my Rl700's worth 250,000 I hit the Mother Load!!) Oh well back to the couch!!

Yup, I was kinda thinking my imposters were the "crown jewels" too.

Rob

Rob,

I'm A gonna stay on this guy just in case he desides to part it out cause I could use the cab for the interior parts (old style steel) an then I could send you over the firewall extentions for the Detroit 12..

BULLHUSK

Rob,

I'm A gonna stay on this guy just in case he desides to part it out cause I could use the cab for the interior parts (old style steel) an then I could send you over the firewall extentions for the Detroit 12..

BULLHUSK

That would work and I'd certainly offset your costs in the project.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Mate hes kidding himself. That chassis is rooted and really needs splitting apart to repair properly. The engine is in a million bits and if the crank and cam need to come out and be ground then thats going to run into big dollars. If the truck wwas a runner then it might be worth closer to 15 grand but as it is, with the work and money that has to be put into it just to get the truck running I reckon its worth around 2 or 3 grand. It might be a bit of a classic and a hard one to find but you could could throw 50 grand at it without breaking a sweat. So really you have to steal it. Like you said old mate, Its a long way overpriced.

Mate hes kidding himself. That chassis is rooted and really needs splitting apart to repair properly. The engine is in a million bits and if the crank and cam need to come out and be ground then thats going to run into big dollars. If the truck wwas a runner then it might be worth closer to 15 grand but as it is, with the work and money that has to be put into it just to get the truck running I reckon its worth around 2 or 3 grand. It might be a bit of a classic and a hard one to find but you could could throw 50 grand at it without breaking a sweat. So really you have to steal it. Like you said old mate, Its a long way overpriced.
Skip,

It's realy to far gone, an I bought one back in March of this year for less then a third of his price!! The engine in in real good condition an the cab only has rust beheind the cab by the doors, an mine has the alum. frame (untouched) an the alum. doors which I always thought was a true Western Mack

BULLHUSK

Spot on mate, it sounds like you know what they are worth and what you need to pay for it. Have you got photos of your other truck? Are they a rare truck in the USA? There certainly werent any V12 powered R700s here in Australia

If you look under RL700L pics you will see us unloading the tractor from the drop/deck.I am not sure how many were built with V12's, but I have been told that there only 3 or 4 RL700L's built, but I can't confirm that. I would ask some of you Mack Guru's on the site, would you guys know how many R700's were built with the V12-71's? I have seen only one out here, an that would be the blue one they call the 'Dirty Dozen' an it is one nice tractor!!

BULLHUSK