Fun Stuff For My Bang Sticks....

RowdyRebel

Never get them up here Dang it! I got my dads old lever action chambered for 45 acp, sure like to see what a longer barrel would do with those. Nice score. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've kept the Centurion shells in my house gun pretty much since I bought the thing...and they sure do pack a punch! Sent a few rounds downrange while out in Montana a few years ago...muzzle flash was impressive out of the 20" barrel. The 2' long by 12" diameter log I was shooting at would jump & tumble when hit...no doubt it would do the same to a non-inanimate target, since a firing squad consisting of a .50 cal muzzle loader and six 9mm pistols STILL wouldn't be throwing as much lead at you in one shot.

I tend to keep my guns loaded with whatever I find I would LEAST like to get hit with....after all, what's the point in shooting someone if they can shake it off and carry on with their attack?

That's what has me intrigued with this Winchester load...a 1oz rifled slug chasing 3 pellets of 00 buckshot. Can't wait to see how those compare to the Centurion.

As for the Hornady, I always kept my .45 loaded with 230 gr. JHP in the summer, and 230 gr. FMJ in the winter...wanted to be sure whatever I was using would make it through whatever layers it needed to pass through in order to tear into the flesh of any attacker. These rounds have the hollow point cavity filled to prevent jackets/etc. from affecting the effectiveness of the round....and the 185 gr. rounds exit the barrel about 10% faster than the 230 gr. I had been using, so I guess I can stop worrying about criminals outrunning the bullets I'm trying to shoot 'em with. :lol:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I can't see the first picture. You're not expecting trouble are you? If you are i'll bring my 30-06, my 12 gauge, and my snubnose .38. I'll just leave the .22 rifle here. All the shells I buy for the 12 gauge is no. 4 buckshot, 3" magnums- it's a 36 in. barrell with full choke.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Looks like some fun rounds to try out. I have a slug mold that casts a 525g slug that looks like a giant pellet for a pellet gun. It groups really well out of my Mossberg 590A1 plus it holds 8+1 with a 20" barrel and ghost ring sights. Makes a pretty sweet home protection gun.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I can't see the first picture. You're not expecting trouble are you?

No, not EXPECTING trouble, but want to be ready if it shows up uninvited...I'll try posting the pic again, and will post the web address for it so if it don't show up you can clicky to see....

http://www.jgsales.c...l%205001400.jpg

1%2012GA%20Centurion%20Multi%20buckball%205001400.jpg

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

No, not EXPECTING trouble, but want to be ready if it shows up uninvited...I'll try posting the pic again, and will post the web address for it so if it don't show up you can clicky to see....

http://www.jgsales.c...l%205001400.jpg

Oh, now I see the picture too.

1%2012GA%20Centurion%20Multi%20buckball%205001400.jpg

OK, thanks Rowdy- still couldn't see the picture but the link worked fine. That's strange- when I reply, I see the picture, but can't see it in the original post.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

OK, thanks Rowdy- still couldn't see the picture but the link worked fine. That's strange- when I reply, I see the picture, but can't see it in the original post.

If I was into reloading and could source them, I think it would be fun to stick with that .65 round ball, but chase it with 6 pellets of 00 buckshot from a 3" shell just to see how much more velocity I could get behind it....only problem with the 3" shells is that you lose magazine capacity.

Right now, I have an extended magazine tube on my Remington 870, so it holds seven 2-3/4" shells...then I have a carrier that holds 6 on the side of the receiver and another carrier that holds 5 on the side of the stock. With an empty chamber, I've got 18 rounds at my disposal just by grabbing the shotgun and heading out to see what went bump in the night. My brother made me a sling for it, too....nice leather one...that holds a few more rounds, but it's at my folk's house (forgot it there when I was up that way for my other brother's wedding). I could leave one more round in the chamber, but I don't care for the safety on the thing...

My view is, if I'm going to be confronting a criminal, I want to have the tools I need in order to ensure that any fight resulting from that confrontation is a gun fight....because if somebody in the gunfight decides to show up without a gun, I don't want it to be me.

...and if I'm going to be in a gunfight, I want to be the last one to run out of ammunition.

Hmmmm....must be the new! I tried posting the picture myself and when I did all of Rowdy's original pictures came in- before it was just a blank box with a red X in it.

cant get it either.oh well we,ll have to imagine a big big cannon.lol.bob :loldude: