Ooo What A Weekend

cgallamore

grabed a load of trailers out of mt.pleasant,tx.going to vernal,ut. hot as heck.

with the 108dg temp i was thinking i had enough time to get an oil change befor i hit the mountains west of denver.

it was sat. morning, with only 400 miles to go.

sounds like a good idea. NOT

stopped in limon,co. at the T/A about 11am.

got registered in, it will be about an hr. befor we get to ya, swift truck just pulled in the bay. so i eat a setdown lunch at the cafe.

i came back at noon. they said we are ready for ya, just trying to find the driver to get the swift truck out of the way.

at 1:30pm driver comes threw the door grumbling why did you guys have to ruin my lunch. manager points to me, and says why dont you ask him? he has been waiting to get in that bay for an hour and half. the guy signs ticket and hauls ass. still all fun and games.

im not much on drivers lounge, so i get my little stool and find some shade.at 4pm they still havenot touched my truck.

im hot and impatient,so i get grumpy. ask manager do i need to play my rediculus card or what. so they get right on it. and throw in a trailer lube for my troubles, all is well, with plenty of time for del.

5:15pm i make it out with just enough time to clear the mountains befor dark.

damn glad to be outa that mess, i hit the road like i stole it. when three miles down the road, it shuts down. i look in the mirrors, it looks like the exxon valdees.

in my agravated state, i call and have a chat with the manager.

shortly thereafter, personal vehicals, and service trucks are swarming, with cases of motor oil and conming the area lokking for the oil plug. as i stand there looking at my truck with 12 gal. of oil, evenly dispersed and dripping from all the flaps and tanks.

3hrs. later with darkness looming, the manager has the task of explaining to me, why he is going to have to tow my truck back to the shop, and wait for morning to get an oil plug.

found out limon means, LOST IN the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE

so they put me in a motel, offer me dinner.

so at checkout time i walk across the street, and find my truck not ready. not cleaned. and my easy going mood starting to change.

so 5hrs. and 400 miles later, they have produced an oil plug.

a half harted effort of cleanup, and documents that they fuckedup and will remberse me for the detailing of my choosing, a free premium service, some meal vouchers, i was ready to try it again.

manager followed me to my truck appoligizing, when i get there i turn and say, ive been a good sport about this, humer me and let me see someone put a wrench on that driveline.

and that is when biggen came unspooled.

the same IDIOT that left my oil plug loose had forgot to tighten the driveline, after removing it for towing.

made it to vernal,ut. by 4am. but for some reason couldn't sleep for the 4hrs. waiting to deliver

and that my friends is what you call a CHARLIE FOXTROT..........

the manager bill, is a very hard working honest guy, called me the next day, got it setup with corp. so i can go to any T/A for immediate remburse on the cleanup.

could tell by his voice, he was ashamed of what happened on his watch.

i feel sorry for him, my ordeal lasted about 34hrs. he has to be responsible every day for a bunch of assclowns, that are only working till they can figure out how to get wellfare checks.......

I would've come unhinged long before the drain plug fell out.

if it had been cooler, i would have just left at 4pm when thet hadnt started on it.

but with the heat it was very important to get my oil change before hitin them hills west of denver.

truck comes first.

if it had been cooler, i would have just left at 4pm when thet hadnt started on it.

but with the heat it was very important to get my oil change before hitin them hills west of denver.

truck comes first.

Well lucky you ya got it done twice .Rinsed all that crud out of the pan!

What bummer day!

Man,what a messed up trip you had. I feel some sympathy for that manager also. Some days, I wonder if all the techs here at our dealership, left their brains at home, because they sure do have some "outstanding performances", some days! Of course, as the service advisor, who is on alone at the service desk on the night shift, I get to deal with the repercussions. i'd like to blow my stack somedays :SMOKIE-RT: but they don't seem to care attimes.

Dammit Bigen! i sure hate to hear about things like this! godamn un-acceptable! (pardon my french) i know sometimes ya'gotta bite the bullet,but i NEVER,EVER have my truck serviced at T/A for just this reason,i cant remember how many horror stories i have heard like this,makes my blood boil! must be the Jersey in me,and i compliment you for keeping your cool,but i woulda blew up a lot sooner! i got no time or patience for this kinda BS! I had a PM done at Nextrans down in northern Florida a few years back,with a similar story,went in for scheduled PM,"we'll get to you when we get to you" so,they finally get the PM done,find a rear wheel seal leaking so i tell them to go ahead and do it,"we aint got the parts" come back tommorow! no deal says me,i'm under a load an need to roll,"thats your problem says the mechanic" so after a long argument with the servive manager,decide they DO have the parts,(its 10:30 pm by now) i go out to check the progress on the truck,lean over a snap-on box,mechanic says "get your ass offa'my box,its brand new!!!!" i say "get you greazy ass offa' my truck asshole!!!!" godamn grease all over the fairings,wheels,INSIDE the truck,cigarette ashes etc. i had an effin'fit!!!! I LIVE IN THIS TRUCK!!! i say,how'd you like me to come over an take a shit on your kitchen table i said!!!!! i had to call Mack to get the whole deal straightened out,Nextrans was very happy to see me go,i know that! so you got more cool then i do! my hats off!......sorry for the rant!..........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

spent 4 hrs overseeing the cleanup, another free meal, allong with ass kissing.

got offered another free prem. pm. told the guy i got one of those in my truck allready, gona have to use it for ass wipping, cause you assclowns will never be close to a piece of my equipment unless you can explain the loose driveline after all the other bs

guy says i don't know what to say. i replied my point exactly.

spent 4 hrs overseeing the cleanup, another free meal, allong with ass kissing.

got offered another free prem. pm. told the guy i got one of those in my truck allready, gona have to use it for ass wipping, cause you assclowns will never be close to a piece of my equipment unless you can explain the loose driveline after all the other bs

guy says i don't know what to say. i replied my point exactly.

That Bolt thing would be the icing on the cake alright, That just blows me away to think the place is still in business! Begs to question how could all that happen to just one guy?? Or Did it happen to just one Guy???

Too many of these and you would think he will have no busisness!.He made absolutly no proffit on oil or wages not to mention all the business he looses by word of mouth Bad news all round.

Hope you get it all cleaned up bud!

When I first bought my truck, my first load with it went down to Dallas. After I delivered, I was heading about an hour North to go see my woman and had some time to kill...so I pulled into the Denton T/A at around 3 AM. I had picked up the Mack filter kit on my way out of town...and just figured I'd get them to do the oil change. Shop was D-E-A-D when I walked in....guy at the counter was even asleep.

I asked about the price, since I already had the OEM filters that I wanted used, and was just looking to have the price discounted the cost of the filters since they weren't going to be needing to supply them.

Same price, whether I supplied the filters or they use their own....no discount for supplying my own filters.

I told 'em it can wait 'till I get home and I'll do it myself....at least that way, I'll know it's done RIGHT!

The guy at the counter looked kinda shocked that I walked out.

I've only had someone else change my oil 1 time since I bought this truck...and that was when it was at Mack for the new camshaft, oil pump, main bearings, etc. etc. etc. It was going to get fresh oil anyway, and it was close enough to being due for new filters anyway, I just went ahead and had 'em service it.

Truck stops don't touch my truck...and I'll only use the TA as a last resort, and not for anything more than a tire. They are twice as expensive as my regular tire guy for patches and plugs...and the one time I've used 'em, I had to turn around and go back because the damn tire was STILL leaking. Explained why they were twice as expensive....they had to do the job TWICE before they got it right. :angry:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

i have used the truckomat at larame,wy. got good service there, but they have wyo tech diesel school about a mile away.

i think they get young guys that enjoy their job.

from now on its them or mackpro.

I was setting on the back of the boat, deep in a 18 pack of Bud-lite when you texted me thoses pics of the oil trail behind your truck as far as the eye could see. My first thought was what blew apart and where were you at. Glad your engine was not ruined! I cant wait to get to work on your truck as 4 weeks solid of failing MP engines and this heat ( 104 in the shop the other day) has drove me to drink!