Fuel Not Flowing

MCHAM

On my 1992 RD690S the fuel tank on the d. side is barely flowing into the pass. tank. I don't know what happen over the week,cause it just started doing it today. The only thing that I changed was the fuel cap, cause my old Mack cap wouldn't tighting up. I got the new cap off of a International. Thanks for the help ahead of time.

On my 1992 RD690S the fuel tank on the d. side is barely flowing into the pass. tank. I don't know what happen over the week,cause it just started doing it today. The only thing that I changed was the fuel cap, cause my old Mack cap wouldn't tighting up. I got the new cap off of a International. Thanks for the help ahead of time.

The old fuel cap was doing the venting. The new cap is sealing the tank. There should be a vent in the top of the tank. Most have a hose attached that runs down the backside of the tank and is open to atmosphere. If there is no vent as mentioned, get another fuel cap correct for the application.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Let me see if I understand you right. So the reason my fuel is not going into my other tank is the fuel cap?

I believe Rob is saying you may have a restriction in the vent line on that side tank. Your old cap was leaking, being the vent. Now that you have a non leaking cap, you also have no vent with the new cap is sealing so well as is supposed to do. Check the vent line behind or on top of your tank for a restricted line or hose.

mike

Let me see if I understand you right. So the reason my fuel is not going into my other tank is the fuel cap?

Thats what rob was saying. The old cap had a vent built in, the new one seals the tank. If you run a while, then stop and open the driver side tank, you will prolly hear air surge in. Kinda like a 5 gal bucket that you tip too far and the stuff inside will chug.

BTW- corn binder parts DO NOT belong on a :mack1: . That could be the problem anyway

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian